|Job Ref:||204659441||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Reigate||Address:||Post Code:||RH2||Salary:||£25000/annum + Circa DOE||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:35|
Salary: Circa £25k DOE
The Company & Ideal Candidate
Our client are specialist within the plant equipment hire industry and are currently looking to recruit another key member to join their already successful and enthusiastic team.
This ambitious company specialises in the hire of various plant machinery such as lifting/cranes and powered access equipment across the many construction sectors in the UK
This Key position is perfect for a candidate with experience as a Hire Controller/Senior Hire Controller, Deputy Manager, Assistant Manager, Branch or Depot Manager within the Plant Hire arena. Previous experience is desirable.
The Hire Controller is required to be hands on, extremely organised and efficient in managing the day to day activity of the small but busy hire office. You will have to work well under pressure in a very reactive environment, working on your own initiative.
You will quickly adopt the already high company standards in place to deliver exceptional customer service to the loyal customer base, and to be instrumental in assisting with the development of revenues with close account management.
Support and maintain all health and safety requirements within the business. You will also assist in the management of drivers and engineers ensuring the operation is run smoothly.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who is looking for a fresh role and challenge who can work closely with the senior management team or equally someone who is willing to step into a key role who can take on additional autonomy and responsibility.
Responsibilities of the Hire Controller
* Deal with customer queries and orders in a professional manner
* Accurately assess customer's needs and respond accordingly
* Successfully convert hire enquiries into hire orders and achieve above minimum process to maximise revenue targets.
* Use the in house system interactively to take orders ensuring that availability is checked first.
* Using your product knowledge, you will provide the customer with the best option for hire.
* Contact external suppliers to check and establish hire rates and availability
* Liaise with colleagues to ensure that equipment is available for delivery at designated dates/times
* Check invoicing, purchase orders and process goods receipts
* General administration duties
* Pro-actively promote the Company at all times
Requirements of the Hire Controller
* Technical knowledge/background an advantage, but not essential
* Able to plan and organise with attention to detail
* Excellent communication skills with a clear telephone manner
* Ability to work under pressure to set deadlines and prioritise tasks
* PC literate
* A confident and flexible attitude
The ideal candidate will be located in either of the following areas; Mitch am, Gordon, Sutton, Epsom, Kingston Upon Thames, Bromley, Leatherhead, Banstead, Westcott, Reigate, Caterham, Edenbridge, East Grinstead, Dartford, Lewisham, Esher, Byfleet, Crawley, New Malden, Thornton Heath or surrounding areas