|Job Ref:||204659228||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:35|
Title: Quantity Surveyor/Project Surveyor|
Location: Derby or Leeds
Salary £25k - 35k
One Way is a leading recruitment consultancy for white collar and blue collar positions within Built Environment, Rail, Civil Engineering, Heavy Plant and Industrial.
One Way have nationwide coverage and expertise across all professional, technical, trades and labour roles which enables us to supply the very best opportunities for both our candidates and provide our clients with the right candidates.
One Way are located in Liverpool, Uxbridge and HQ is Southampton.
Our client is looking for a quantity Surveyor who is familiar, with and having worked under, NEC contracts
They will work on a variety special projects, however there will be heavy involvement on EA Frameworks with a firm commercial understanding for contracts and negotiations.
A car would be provided
To ensure commercial & contractual control and co-ordination of the efforts of all parties involved in the execution of a specified project or range of projects.
* Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company HSE procedures and work instructions
* In conjunction with the relevant Project Management team members, be accountable for the profitability of the project(s), and develop an appropriate commercial strategy for the project(s) to ensure delivery of required margins
* Contribute to the management and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system ensuring all financial information is managed and up-to-date and tracked with budget/tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted and managed
* With other members of the team, produce and provide accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value
* Continually monitor projected costs to completion in line with budget
* Ensure that necessary interface information between customers, sub-contractors and other departments is provided in a timely manner
* Monitor cash flow and valuation plan, ensuring applications are made correctly and in a timely manner
* Ensure contract variations are identified, valued and turned into agreed variation orders with the customer in a timely manner
* Assist in ensuring effective records are maintained to support claims and that applications for payment for variations are issued in a timely manner
* Manage the subcontract tender process, including the selection of sub-contractors and provision of all relevant contract and schedule documentation
* Assist the Project Management team member(s) in arranging and undertaking project reviews and issue of associated reports
* Provide accurate monthly reporting of cost and value on the project(s) in line with the Company's reporting process