|Job Ref:||204657472||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||sheffield S9||Address:||Salary:||£16000 - £18000/annum plus 2% bonus half yearly, Holiday||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:36|
This is an exciting opportunity for somebody who is either looking to get experience working in a commercial department or to build on their previous experience in a commercial department with an SME business. The company takes peoples career development very seriously so a driven person would very easily and quickly move up through the department. |
The company are involved in manufacturing and installation of Windows, Bi folding doors, conservatories and normal doors. With clients ranging from domestic users to large purchasing commercial and house building companies. My client is looking for somebody who has the commercial acumen to deal with inquiries and convert them into quotes. This could suit a construction/Management graduate looking for their first experience, or somebody with a sales background looking for a career path
Duties and responsibilities
• Finding out client requirements
• Assessing the levels of commercial risk on a project
• Translating information from specification and entering into the system.
• Researching materials, equipment and labour costs and applying to the specification
• Preparing and submitting quotations for work
• Checking plot requirements against current released specifications and updating Master documents held on the system and requoting as necessary.
• Processing plot information against specification to create works orders for production.
• Deal with site queries regarding specification investigating internally/externally respond appropriately.
• Prioritising workload ensuring large lead in time for certain products are met.
• Helping with bids for new contracts and supporting buying activities
• Strong commercial awareness
• Strong Negotiator
• Good numeracy skills
• Being able to work with a team
• Strong analytical skills?
• Excellent IT skills and knowledge of relevant software
• Exemplary communication skills
• Client liaising
• High attention to detail
• High understanding of construction processes
• Strong contractual knowledge
• A responsible attitude
• Ability to prioritise work
• Good at planning ahead
• Remaining calm under pressure
• Time management
• Accurate record keeping
For more information please get in touch