|Job Ref:||204657464||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Central Belt||Address:||Salary:||£300 - £350/day||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:36|
Quantity Surveyor (Contract)|
Our client aims to be the UK's leading provider of power, water and gas infrastructure for the Public and Private sectors. They believe in growing their business in a progressive and sustainable manner, respecting the community and the environment. Our client will communicate effectively with their clients, engage their staff and operate their business with the utmost integrity. Their mission is to be the Contractor of Choice for their clients, with an absolute commitment to safety whilst providing outstanding customer service and value, delivering a quality job, first time, every time.
They are focused on building upon their history and reputation of quality workmanship and timely project completion. They actively promote partnering through all of their contracts and are committed to achieving continual improvement with the objective to increasing their performance, future opportunities and making their workplace a platform for entrepreneurial excellence.
Following the award of a number of projects and frameworks, our client is looking to recruit an experienced contract Quantity Surveyor to be based in the Central Belt, Scotland. You will be responsible for all commercial aspects on the company's projects and frameworks. The role will provide support to the contract management team and will ensure the compliance of commercial reporting and the efficient collection and recovery of monies.
Typical duties will include;
• Overseeing and commercial activities and financial governance, working closely with the contract teams
• Risk identification and management
• Cash flow management and budget compliance
• Continual review and challenge of existing commercial processes to identify and implement best practice
• To draw up, contracts and sub-contracts or ensure contracts have been drawn up prior to commencement of work and to review contracts drawn up by third parties
• To oversee tendering activities including Enquiries, Bid Evaluations, Proposals of Bidder selection, Settlement of Claims and disputes
• Identifying and managing risk and opportunities associated with the contracts
• Provide commercial/contractual advice to contract teams
• Notification, preparation and agreement of insurance claims
• Attend project start up and close out meetings
• To oversee WIP levels and cashflow to ensure efficient processes and cash collection
• Oversee the timely submission of final accounts to clients
• Maintain a register of contractual claims and disputes for and against the company
• Undertake annual commercial audit for each main contract to ensure good practice and compliance with procedures
• Prepare monthly financial reports identifying trends and areas for improvement
This challenging and exciting opportunity, requires an individual with a demonstrable track record of commercial experience within the utilities, civil engineering, or infrastructure sectors. A highly attractive day rate (contract) is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity of work given the company's continued commitment to ambitious growth.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, religion/belief or nationality