|Job Ref:||204657299||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:36|
Calibre Search currently require a Project Quantity Surveyor with preferably a degree in Quantity Surveying and with 3+ years experience in Quantity Surveying. This role will mainly be supporting the Main contractor in the Manchester City Centre. This team work on particular schemes such as Iconic building projects, large scale commercial projects and university and student accommodation schemes.|
This role presents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and proactive Quantity Surveyor looking to be mentored by extremely talented group of chartered surveyors who have been working in the industry for over 40 years. This role will offer the right candidate a clear progression into the consultancy sector and offer great opportunities for future prospects.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Qualified in BSc Quantity Surveying
* Must be flexible and able to work as part of a team and using own initiative
* Excellent communication skills in English
* Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office and bespoke packages
* Literate and Numerate
* Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
* Ability to work to deadlines
* Management Skills and if possible Management related qualifications
Quantity Surveyor Key Responsibilities:
* Support the project team in all commercial matters
* Liaise with the site teams and take the lead with contract administration, including record keeping
* Ensure timely submission of valuations
* Ensure cash flow is maximised including ensuring payments are received on time
* Ensure the accurate and timely evaluation and agreement of final quantities, revised and additional items, rates and compensation events
* Identify additional entitlement under the contract including the monitoring of daily records
* Delegate commercial activities to other members of the team as appropriate
* Ensure that good records are kept in order that the full entitlement under the contract is achieved
* Identify and realise opportunities to maximise cost/value management.
* Preparation of accurate and timely monthly valuation reports.
* Procurement and management of subcontract packages.
* Evaluate risks and review project risk register.
* Assist with preparation of contractual claims.
* Measure and assess the work undertaken and then submit detailed, accurate and timely applications
If this role takes your interest, please do contact myself anytime on (Apply online only) or forward your CV to myself on
Calibre Search promotes equality in the workplace and acts as both an employment agency and employment business