|Job Ref:||204654212||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||North West of||Address:||Salary:||£1000/day||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:16|
Project Planner - Rail Stations Programme - Leading Contractor|
Working on a 5-year framework in the North West region covering a wide array of projects associated with build and improvement works to railway stations, rail properties and rail infrastructure.
Location:Warrington, North West
*Permanent position* £50,000-£55,000 + car/car allowance + bonus + attractive permanent benefits
A Rail Planner is required to join a leading UK contractor within their dedicated rail team who have a strong work bank delivering rail construction and infrastructure works to Network Rail.
As Planner you will be responsible for building programmes and monitoring sequences for live projects, as well as working with the precontract team for tendered projects. The work will largely be geared towards live projects than are ongoing at the moment in which you will work closely with delivery teams to monitor progress, as well as liaise with the client and senior management.
Reporting into the Planning Manager, key responsibilities will include:
* Prepare and coordinate tender programmes, supporting the pre-contract team in tender submission
* Prepare from inception detailed resource/cost loaded contract programmes
* Report progress against the programme to the client and delivery teams
* Mentoring and development of junior planners
* Contribution to the overall strive to work winning and efficient delivery of projects
The ideal candidate will have the skills, qualifications and experience:
* HNC/HND/Degree in relevant engineering field - Civil Engineering preferred
* Proven track record of experience within the construction industry preferably gained with a main contractor.
* Experience working on civil engineering schemes as well as some exposure and understanding of rail projects.
* Track record working as a Planner with ability to create construction programmes for tenders and live schemes.
* Ability to work under pressure against strict deadlines
* Ability to manage multiple projects.
You must reside and be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this position.
If you are interested in speaking to someone about this role please contact Beth Downes on (Apply online only) or send your C.V in to