|Job Ref:||204654013||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£27000 - £27500/annum 25 days holiday plus bank holidays||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:37|
Are you an experienced Mechanical/Electrical Engineer? Are you available for work in a static location in Huddersfield? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity on a temp to perm basis? |
* To ensure the prompt completion of all work orders for Planned maintenance, reactive response, specialist sub contract work orders and remedial work orders
* To provide Routine and Specialised Engineering Maintenance and breakdown support to a specific hospital site.
* Provide competent Technical, Health and Safety and Environmental support & assistance as required and act as an exemplar of company policies and procedures.
* Provide training, mentoring and hands on assistance to any additional site based technicians or mobile engineering technicians and mobile engineering assistants
* Provide Engineering support and advice to the local hospital manager as required
* Demonstrate a can-do culture based on exemplary engineering standards in an environments of open and honest integrity
* To help build and develop a strong team ethos
Core Responsibilities Include
To undertake scheduled task on site as part of the Planned Preventative maintenance routine and unplanned breakdown assistance to carry out specialist tasks which may include
* catering asset maintenance and repairs
* HVAC systems maintenance and repairs
* Electrical small power and lighting maintenance and repairs and PAT testing
* Plumbing maintenance and repairs including drains and gullies
* Decontamination equipment's maintenance and validation
* BMS adjustments and controls maintenance
* Fire Risk assessment remedial works and periodic testing
* L8 WRA remedial works and Fabric Maintenance and repair
* Minor works and Capex Project support
* Any other duties within your capabilities
* To ensure compliance of the engineering planned preventative maintenance routines as detailed in the standard operating procedure manuals
* To help develop any engineering staff who work at the sire to ensure they develop their skill set and competencies to reach their full potential.
* To help develop a can do responsive engineering team culture to ensure reactive calls issued are arranged to within Service Level Agreement (SLA) and managed effectively to reduce repeat failures.
* Ensure all remedial tasks from PPMS or Statutory Insurance Inspections are identified, recorded and completed to ensure effective statutory assurance and that full records are maintained on site.
* Manage or Escalate all reactive calls which require specialist external involvement to resolve.
* Ensure that all equipment is inspected and tested regularly to ensure its safe and meets health and safety requirements.
* As the role is critical the engineering technician is required to work reasonable overtime on request and due to the nature of the hospital this may be on short notice
Decision Making Authority
* Prioritisation of breakdown against planned maintenance interpreted from the SLA
* Priority of daily planned preventative maintenance within cluster
* working inside company standards and guidelines
* working inside statutory requirements and escalating failures
* Authorisation to sigh off medical gas permit works if applicable
* Attend to out of hours call-out requests
* Ensure all work has been carried out in a safe and competent manor
* Ensure maintenance and repair is completed timely within agreed SLA
* Participating in the on-call rota as advised by the cluster Senior Engineering technician and or local Hospital Managers and deliver on call response to all sites within the cluster.
* Ensure all Engineering logs and paperwork are completed and filed in the appropriate locations in and accurate, timely and diligent fashion across all sites.
* To cover holidays and sickness as required
Key performance indicators
* Minimum of 99% of all PPM and reactive tasks carried out within required timescales or recorded on the formal maintenance risk register.
* Improvement of Internal customer satisfaction scores and staff engagement scores
* All quality targets maintained and environmental targets met
Knowledge Skills Qualifications
* Confidence to lead or advise staff
* Experience in the Maintenance Environment post apprenticeship or qualification gained. Experience in working under own initiative is required
* City & Guilds Part 3, ONC, NVQ level 3 or equivalent preferably in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering essential
* Willingness to act as AP and RP medgas as required is essential - training will be provided to gain this ticket
* Time served apprenticeship in a Mechanical or Electrical biased discipline
* Fire Safety or Fire Risk Assessment training is highly desirable
* Duel or multi-skilled engineering competencies is preferable
* Comprehensive understanding of Health and Safety guidelines, statuses and ACOPs
* Understanding of L8 Legionella ACOP within hospital buildings
* Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated a high level of organisation & time management skills, particularly in an environment with multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
* Sound fault finding techniques and ability to read drawings
If this role fits your skill set please submit your CV and contact Louanne on NA
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business