|Job Ref:||204653970||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Glamorgan||City:||Neath Port Talbot||Address:||Post Code:||SA11||Salary:||£25000 - £32000/annum Pension||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:37|
Location: Between Swansea & Cardiff
Salary: £25,000-£32,000 (neogiable depending on experience)
Our client has over 80 years experience within the modular industry, priding themselves on being one of the largest manufacturers in the hire of portable and modular accommodation in the UK. Supplying modular buildings to a variety of sectors such as Construction, Education, Healthcare, MOD, Commercial and Events.
We are actively seeking a newly qualified or experienced Estimator to support the expansion of a new modular construction manufacturing facility based within easy access of the M4 between Swansea & Cardiff. Candidates should possess a sound understanding of the construction industry. For the right candidate our client offer a competitive salary, contributory pension scheme and the opportunity for promotion. This is a full time position.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
* Build up and preparation of tenders.
* Scrutinise tender documentation and the analysis of contract terms and conditions.
* Preparation of sub-contract enquiry documentation and obtaining sub-contract quotations.
* Analysis of sub-contract quotations and assessment for compliance and best value.
* Obtain prices for non-standard materials and services.
* Review client conditions and determine specific offer requirements.
* Production of accurate project specifications.
* Attend client / contract meetings as required.
* Assist Contracts Managers with preparation and agreement of Final Accounts.
* Price variation orders and quotations pre and post contract.
* Work within defined Quality Assurance procedures.
* Preparation and collation of contract documentation upon contract award.
* Support the training and induction of new employees.
* Any other duties that may be required from time to time.
Person Specific Requirements
The ideal candidate would be:
* Technically strong with a good understanding of the construction industry
* Wide experience of Design and Build projects
* Self-motivated and able to work on their own initiative
* Excellent presentation and communication skill
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
* Committed and enthusiastic
If you are interested in this role or would like some more information then please call Rob Elford on NA.
Key Skills: Estimator, Modular, Off site, Construction, manufacturing, QS, Surveying