|Job Ref:||204653751||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Salary:||£20000 - £30000/annum CA + Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:37|
How would you like to become part of one of the biggest residential contractors in the UK? This company is one of the top 10 UK Housing and construction companies and have revenue in excess of £1 billion and is looking to add an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to their ever growing commercial team. They are currently involved with multiple projects in the North East including: Major housing refurbishments, New builds and developments. This role will be reporting into the Quantity Surveyor, and with the turnover forecasts in the North East for 2017 to be in the excess of £50 million you can join to become part of the strongest teams in the UK.|
Purpose of the role:
Successfully holding this job will give responsibility for the controlling of costs, maximising value, minimising future liabilities and maintain the required standard of quality and safety on a range of commercial and financial contractual elements.
* Measure material/quantities required for site by analysing drawing.
* Liaise with subcontractors for quotations.
* Compare prices from different elements of the work.
* Prepare subcontract payments with current contracts and final accounts/ check retention value.
* Pass quotation costs to Quantity Surveyor for authorisation, approval or feedback.
* Adhere to budgets and source quotations which provide best value and best quality.
* Monitor and review quotations and costs, where necessary negotiate with subcontractors to secure best value and best quality.
* Liaise with subcontractors on site work issues.
* Visit site to observe progress of works including recording any subcontractors.
What we are looking for:
* Industry experience in the role of Assistant Quantity Surveyor is essential.
* Prepared to work within various geographical areas.
* Excellent verbal communication skills.
* Excellent level of numeracy.
* Excellent influencing skills.
* Excellent time management.
* Flexible and adaptable.
* Must have IT skills- MC office: Excel, project, word etc.
Previous experience in a similar role for a residential contractor or developer within this sector would be an added advantage.
Feel free to get in touch with Jacob in our Newcastle office if you wish to find out more.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business