|Job Ref:||204655787||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Post Code:||RG2||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:37|
Pre Sales Engineer, Reading|
A global market leader powering more than 2 billion business connections and 2 billion mobile subscribers every day, Mitel (Nasdaq: MITL) (TSX:MNW) helps businesses and mobile operators connect, collaborate and take care of their customers. Our innovation and communications experts serve more than 60 million business users in more than 100 countries, and 130 service providers including 15 of the top 20 mobile carriers in the world.
Mitel's Mobile business unit provides mobile and enterprise solutions that enable operators and businesses to deliver next generation communication services. We have a fully virtualized end to end portfolio of Voice/Video, Messaging and Mobile Core products that include IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS), Evolved Packet Core (EPC) and Session Border Controller (SBC). Our solutions, based on the award-winning mOne® software platform, leverage NFV and SDN technologies for deployments on cloud-based infrastructure.
Purpose of Role:
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical and commercial input to sales to influence an operator's strategic direction. The emphasis will be on supporting the winning of new business and strengthening existing business relationships by providing technical guidance to our customers and supporting a solutions selling approach of the the Mitel Mobile Solution portfolio.
Candidates who are self-driven and possess strong technical skills are encouraged to apply.
To include, but not limited to:
Acting as primary technical interface for customers and prospects prior to a sale.
Assisting the sales team in defining the first level technical solution /pitch and mapping customer requirements to technical solutions
Maintaining an understanding of the product set and its future development by interfacing with internal and external product vendors for technology updates and product updates
Interfacing with customers to assist them with defining business and technical requirements and assisting them with preparation of RFx documents where necessary
Influencing customer's decisions about technology and products.
Preparing and delivering technical presentations
Representing our clients in user and technology forums whenever necessary and providing feedback to sales team
Capturing technology and industry trends and providing feedback to Sales and solutions team
Conducting high-level technology training sessions to customers wherever necessary
Developing and conducting technical workshops for customers and prospects
Interfacing to internal functions such as Product Management and Marketing
Being field product champion for specified product
Attending industry events, providing product demonstrations and presentations.
The successful applicant must be prepared to travel to customer sites or other Mitel offices.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Self-starter with positive 'can do' attitude
- Strong knowledge of the mobile telecom and service provider market
- Knowledge of mobile operator service layer infrastructure
- In-depth technical understanding of GSM, GPRS and UMTS networks
- Knowledge of mobile VAS
- Good presentation skills (addressing a large, predominantly technical audience)
- Highly proficient written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to recognise and create business benefit from technology functionality
- Ability to think 'outside of the box', create solutions
- Knowledge of competitor's technologies
- Knowledge of EMEA service provider market
- Suitable technical qualification (BEng equivalent)
- Previous experience in software solutions
- Previous experience of working with Partners in Europe
- Experience of working in EMEA and the travel demands associated