|Job Ref:||204655676||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£280 - £300/day||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:37|
Role Purpose: |
The Project Manager is the principle point of contact with the customer and responsible for the successful delivery of the project to agreement of final account. The Project Manager is responsible for the overall management of the program, installation delivery, H&S aspects, quality, commercial and financial success of this ICT Fitt Out project.
1 Cost control:
+ Ensure works carried out within budget
+ Control labour and material expenditure
+ Price and invoice the works and variations
+ Control sub-contractors
+ Ensure payments made on time
2 Manage the installation:
+ Plan the works within the programme
+ Resource labour properly
+ Ensure a quality installation
+ Monitor outgoings and income
+ Protect the company's interests
+ Identify & Implement innovative ideas / Installation methods / New Technology
3 Customer satisfaction:
+ Ensure the works are to the client's satisfaction
+ Communicate regularly with the client
+ Understand the client's business and problems
+ Advise client if problems are looming
+ Win the client's next job
+ Produce monthly financial reports
+ Produce monthly status report
5 Health, Safety & Environmental
+ Zero Tolerance to unsafe working practice
+ Conduct Site Operational Safety Visits bi-monthly
+ Co-actively seek and report Near Misses
+ Prepare Method Statements and Risk Assessments
+ Reduce Waste - consider environmentally aware supply chain.
Responsible for up to 20 Installation engineers and project staff depending on programmes.
Decision Making - Authority/Mandates/Constraints:
+ Day to day operational decisions
+ Recommend final account settlement figure to Senior Management
+ To order and procure everything needed for the job timeously.
+ Professional approach and appearance.
Role Related / Technical Expertise At Selection:
Minimum 5 years as a Project Manager with track record of delivering:
- Client satisfaction
- High profitability
- Quality installation
- Projects completed to programme.
+ Working Knowledge of current H&S Legislation, with CSCS and IOSH accreditation
+ Excellent knowledge of IT Standards e.g. TIA/EIA, ISO, BSEN
+ Working Knowledge of construction contract law, design and good computer skills
+ Recognised Technical / Professional qualification e.g. BICSI, C+G, HND, HNC or Prince 2
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
* Ability to identify additional and varied work
* Ability to interpret engineering information
* Knowledge and understanding of contracts, contract documentation and reporting
* Knowledge of financial management
* Knowledge of planning techniques
* Software skills: Word, Access database, Outlook e-mail, Power Project planning,
* Power point presentation
* Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety legislation pertaining to own role
Success Factors - Major Objectives:
* To consistently deliver successful projects measured in terms of Safety, Quality, and Client Satisfaction and returned Profit. Result Focused.
* To build and develop the Company's Business in the UK
* To achieve a level of autonomy whilst demonstrating being a strong team player.
* To ensure the highest standards are achieved continuously.
* Identify personal development needs and ambitions
* Demonstrate the ability to motivate others, and adopt a "can do" attitude
Planning and Organising:
To always plan ahead and be aware of looming problems and be ready with the solution before it happens. Realise the affect that all decisions will have on the job and the company Must always ensure that adequate resource is available to complete tasks.
Be able to communicate and express views upwards, downwards and with the client. Hold regular meetings or discussion with all staff - operatives. Must be able to negotiate with staff, sub-contractors and clients
Displaying ways of improving profitability without affecting quality, within own field of operation and customer advancement, i.e. future work
Dealing with Change:
Must be flexible in attitude and accept and implement new techniques and fresh challenges.
Please apply with an updated CV to be considered for this role