|Job Ref:||204658693||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£100000 - £120000/annum Exceptional Benifits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:38|
Are you looking to take that next step or are you already a Data guru? Do you still have that Hacker Spirit? |
If so then you could have what it takes to be a Director of Data!
We are looking for an exceptional talent to fill the position of Director of Data. Within this role you will be directly responsible for the seamless operation of the Big Data teams. As the Director of Data you will not only manage but also mentor the Head of Data Science and the Head of Data Engineering, you will also monitor the work each team produces to maintain the high standard set. Within your role Director of Data you will also hold regular meetings with each department member on a regular basis to ensure that all team members are effective, productive and happy within their role. You will partake in hiring and the structuring of the department as the company grows further. A Director of Data will be required to stay up to date with all the latest technology and maintain the influx of cutting edge techniques to ensure the company stay ahead of the curve.
Key Responsibilities for a Director of Data include
* Development and implementation of processes and procedures to enhance quality, efficiency and productivity of team.
* Translate the strategic vision of senior management into clear and concise instructions for the Data Teams achieve.
* Ensure that the data Infrastructure & architecture is capable of serving both the needs of their clients and their Data Scientists.
* Design and implement new data product opportunities that arise from not only sales team feedback but also market research.
* Maintain an impeccable level of industry knowledge and be aware of all new technical developments that may benefit the company.
* Support team members in achieving their individual goals and objectives.
* Maintain the company's expectations for productivity, quality and timelines.
* Regularly communicate and exchange feedback with individual team members so to keep the teams running smoothly.
* Ideally 4 to 6 years' experience managing data science or data engineering teams.
* Strong management and interpersonal skills with a passion to coach and mentor.
* Experience with recognising data science and data engineering talent in order to build strong technical teams.
* Ability to multitask due to multiple projects, often with simultaneous and competing deadlines.
* Strong technical skills, including programming (Python, Java, Scala), databases (SQL, noSQL), & Machine Learning.
* Experience with cloud based tech. (AWS)
* Experience with real-world data.
* Hands on experience with coding!
If you are passionate about everything Data and you tick all of the above then please click apply so not to miss out
Are you in a lead role? Are you a Data Engineer or a data scientist but this role doesn't quite fit? Eligo Technology are a leading Big Data and Analytics consultancy specialising in data engineering & data science jobs, for all levels, spanning all sectors. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us for a confidential chat about how we can secure you your perfect Big Data Job