|Job Ref:||204658410||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Norwich||Address:||Post Code:||NR3||Salary:||£150 - £180/day||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:38|
Skills: Experience with Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) or equivalent patching principles (desirable)
Microsoft MTA level qualification, CompTIA A+ or equivalent qualification
£(Apply online only) per day
* This involves configuring, testing and replacing existing desktops, laptops, desk phones, mobile phones and other telephony equipment such as conference call units and video conferencing equipment.
* Review asset lists, software license usage statistics and have an understanding of the license models applications have and therefore ensure that CITB meets it legal obligation for all software compliance.
* Prioritise and deliver all aspect of your role to specific, timebound delivery targets. If not, CITB employee's cannot work, mobile staff are particularly constrained without the IT equipment to fullfill their role.
* Responsible for highlighting current status and raising escalations to line manager or Business Improvement Mgmt. team regarding asset stock levels for all of CITB
* To service Business Improvement customers by providing access, provision, support and lifecycle management of CITB's ICT hardware, telephony and software assets.
* This involves (not exclusively) creation, configuration and removal of user accounts and security groups in Active Directory, the build, configuration, testing, preparing, decommissioning and delivery of desktop, laptops, thin clients, tablets and other ICT hardware to customers providing hand-holding training on request. The installation and testing of software on new and existing equipment including desktops, laptops, thin clients using tools to assist or carry out manual installations.
* Using the knowledge and experience of yourself and colleagues carry out monthly assessment and implementation of OS and application patches using Microsoft WSUS and other toolsets to test and deliver security updates to all staff. Testing must ensure no or minimal disruption to all IT services and customers.
* Assists in the management of end to end lifecycle of hardware (including Telephony) and software assets from procurement to disposal.
* Provision of new infrastructure assets such as PCs, Laptops and mobile devices as requested and provide within SLA. Manage own workload and daily priorities to deliver service and equipment to customers on time.
* Accountable for ensuring assets are updated in Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and allocated the correct status as devices enter and leave on a daily basis.
* Using knowledge and experience, assess and decide on monthly Microsoft patches to implement. Test and deliver patches to all staff devices following this monthly cycle.
* Accountable for prioritising equipment requests dependent on multiple demand channels.
* Maintain the lifecycle of Business Improvement customers' infrastructure and software assets.
* Use technical knowledge to troubleshoot system issues, device build issues and customer problems.
* Perform administration of access to all ICT systems within a comprehensive ITIL framework, managing progress, escalations and activity using appropriate service management tools. Complete all request raised within SLA.
* Responsible for completion of Standard Changes and Scheduled Tasks to an SLA following technical work instructions.
* Accountable for maintenance of 'gold image' build for PC, Laptops and VDI provisioned desktops following technical work instructions and testing. Minimum update basis for PC and Laptops gold image is quarterly and monthly for VDI.
* Identify opportunities to improve the support and provision of all Information Systems and Infrastructure and feedback verbally and with written proposal to line manager & BI Mgmt. team
* Develop documentation, process and procedures suitable for BI staff and ICT users as requested or where identified and agreed with line manager.
* Liaise between third party suppliers in relation to the support of assets.
* Accountable for maintaining stock levels of all assets and consumable items. Order replacement equipment as required inline with monthly forecast.
Essential Skills & Experience
* ITIL v3 Foundation (desirable)
* Ability to follow and create technical work instructions with a general technical IT capability (required)
* Ability to manage assets to provide clear guidance to management, staff & customers (required)
* Experience with Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) or equivalent patching principles (desirable)
* Microsoft MTA level qualification, CompTIA A+ or equivalent qualification (required)
* Microsoft MCP level qualification or equivalent (desirable)
* Experience of working with contracted third party organisations to provide IS assets into CITB (desirable)
If you are looking for a permanent position either apply online or if would like to find out about other IT/Public Sector opportunities please contact Katy Gregory on (url removed)
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Please visit our website (url removed)