|Job Ref:||204658063||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Norwich||Address:||Post Code:||NR3||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:38|
Position: API Developer|
Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus
Job Type: Full Time
The company client is a well known Global Insurer who is currently seeking to recruit a highly skilled Java/FUSE Engineer for the API team based in Norwich. The successful candidate will be focussed on building and maintaining the RESTful APIs that will underpin both their digital apps and also their partners'. This is an excellent opportunity for career development.
* Within the Digital arm of the company the organisation approaches software delivery with an Agile mind-set, focused on delivering small, value driven enhancements often.
Achievements within the scrum teams that include UX Designers, Developers, Testers, BAs and Solution Designers:
* To create brand new experiences.
* Small changes to existing products.
* Investing in maintaining our existing products to improve code quality against our core development principles.
Key responsibilities within the Scrum Team :
* Negotiate, influence, effectively challenge and gain commitment.
* Help shape product backlogs, new projects and initiatives, assessing the impact of initiatives, programmes or projects on systems/applications.
* Be able to identify and create epics, write userstories, t-shirt sizing and pointing.
Essential technical abilities:
* Technical expertise in Java Development and associated frameworks (Junit, Cucumber, Jenkins, Spring, Maven).
* Hands on experience of developing with RedHat FUSE, Apache ServiceMix or Apache Camel.
* Hands on experience of designing, building and supporting RESTful API's.
* Knowledge of and interest in industry direction and trends within RESTful API development.
* Strong experience of server side Java development and associated concerns (eg. thread Management, database access, ORM and security)
* Hands on experience with working on high volume systems >(Apply online only) TPS.
* Experience of working in geographically dispersed teams.
* A strong working knowledge of Agile Software Architectures, GoF OO Software Design Patterns, Test and Behaviour Driven Development.
* The role holder will be someone that has excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Comfortable working with customers, to understand how they use the core API services.
Keywords: Java, Fuse
If you feel you have the relevant experience, then please apply for immediate consideration