|Job Ref:||204657598||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£60000 - £70000/annum Bonus, Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:38|
Network Security Team Leader - Checkpoint - up to £70k + Bonus + Benefits|
Network Security Team Leader with strong exposure and experience of managing, administering and supporting a global checkpoint firewall estate required by leading global law firm.
In this exciting Network Security Team Leader role you will take on both Operational (30%) and Engineering (70%) responsibilities, providing technical and workload leadership to a small team of Network Security Analysts performing operational support with a dotted line report into the Network Engineering Manager for Engineering related tasks. This is a subject matter expert role and will require you to be hands on as well as design focused. You will use your expert technical and practical knowledge of all core network security technologies and components to ensure there are defined standards in place and you will lead all technical design and implementations ensuring the smooth operation and security of the network infrastructure throughout its lifecycle. Services within your remit will include branch, office and Data Centre security, Firewall, IDS/IPS, Internet, Web Proxy/URL Filtering, IPAM and External DNS.
Other day-to-day responsibilities will include:
* Supporting the Network Operations Manager with maintaining a skills matrix for all Network Security team members
* Incident Management - technical escalation for all high level incidents and overseeing troubleshooting of complex outages, including recommend corrective actions.
* Problem Management - technical oversight of Problem management activities
* Change Management - act as technical approver for all Network Security related changes.
* Providing the Network Operations Manager with relevant reporting covering availability, performance and capacity across all Network Security services.
* Defining and enforcing standards for Network Security, ensuring these are implemented and adhered to at all times within the global infrastructure.
* Ensuring relevant Knowledge Base articles exist and are maintained to support the swift resolution of future/repeat issues.
* Identifying and correcting network non-compliance issues.
* Working closely with the Network Engineering Manager and Enterprise Architecture to influence and shape the strategic direction for Network Security services and platforms.
* Working closely with Network Engineers to plan and complete assigned tasks within deadlines.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity you will be a Network Security Team Leader (or similar) who must be able to demonstrate extensive experience of network security and internetworking within a global enterprise scale organisation (between 5k - 50k users). You must have strong team leading skills and will be recognised as an expert in your field with previous experience in roles such as Network Security Architecture, Principle Security Engineer or Lead Security Engineer. You will be highly adept at defining standards and creating designs, as well as implementing technical solutions to meet business requirements and you will be used to providing technical support in a pressurised environment, ideally within legal or investment banking.
In terms of technical skills and knowledge you must have experience in the following:
* CheckPoint Firewalls (NGFW, NGTP, Appliance, Virtual Clustering, Acceleration, FW Monitor) - You MUST have experience of managing, administering and supporting a global checkpoint firewall estate.
* Security management platform
* Web Proxy / URL filtering (Websense/Forcepoint)
* Packet Capture and Netflow
* L7 functions / Application Control and User Identity
* Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
* Network Address Translation (NAT)
* BGP and OSPF routing
* MPLS, DMVPN, IPSec VPN, TACACS authentication
* VLAN, Spanning Tree, L3 interfaces, HSRP, EIGRP, TCP/IP
* IDS, IPS, DLP
* DDOS mitigation techniques and technologies
You would ideally also possess a solid understanding or experience with Cisco Routing & Switching (IOS, ASR, ISR and Nexus), Cisco Wireless LAN Controller & Access Points, WAN Optimisation, F5 GTM and LTM load balancers, Policy maps for routing, QoS, ACL, Network Monitoring & Alerting (SolarWinds) and various testing tools to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues. Professional Certifications such as CCSE, CCIE, CCNP, CCNA, CISM or CISSP would be advantageous and would give you an edge and you must be an excellent communicator with effective influencing skills essential in order to function effectively in a matrix-managed environment and liaise effectively with global colleagues and team members at all levels.
Based in Canary Wharf, the successful candidate can expect a salary of £60k-£70k + Bonus + Benefits including pension and private medical. If you are a Network Security Team Leader with the required technical experience then apply NOW.
The People Network is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
The company is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
The People Network is part of the Pertemps Network Group of companies and is a specialist IT and technical recruitment consultancy with offices in London, Birmingham and Wiltshire. Experienced in placing permanent, interim and contract IT and technical staff at all levels across a range of sectors including Banking, Financial Services, Telecoms, Consultancy and Software Houses across the UK and Mainland Europe.
If you would like a confidential and informal chat regarding your career please call and speak with one of our consultants.
For more information and latest vacancies please visit us on our website at (url removed)