|Job Ref:||204657366||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£400 - £500/day||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:38|
Our client is a major IT services business specialising in hardware and software solutions for retail and financial services clients. The main office is currently in Bracknell but is shortly moving to central London. Some home working may be encompassed with the role but this is a predominantly office based role.|
A talented and experienced Scala Developer is required for a small distributed team within a Programme. Responsibilities will include: Working with the Lead Architect to design the solutions; Working with the Product Owner to refine and prioritise the delivery of the product; Working with the UX Design team to refine the visual experience of the product; Developing a series of web facing portals and associated presentation, business and data access layers based on the pre-selected technologies and defined architecture; Working with the Test and Deployment Teams to ensure that the solution works as intended.
Expertise in a majority of the skills below...
* Minimum 3 years Scala experience. Should also have demonstrable experience in 'Reactive' programming.
* NoSQL experience
* Cassandra experience
* Spray or Akka HTTP experience
* Play Framework 2.2+
* JSON Messaging
* Android experience would be an advantage.
* Familiarity with Relational Databases and SQL
* Good Communications Skills
* Strong Understanding of Object Oriented Design, Component Based Development
* Appreciation of Functional Programming
* Strong experience of Agile Development with Scrum / Kanban
* Experience developing high throughput transaction/event processing systems
The project is likely to be require some level of remote working and the developers must have their own offices/studies and laptops / tools.
These roles are intended for senior developers who are self starters and comfortable working in small, agile teams.
If you feel this could be the right role for you then please feel free to submit your CV in the first instance. The offered candidate will be subject to background checks such as finance, criminal and reference checks