|Job Ref:||204657189||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Glamorgan||City:||Cardiff||Address:||Post Code:||CF10||Salary:||£50000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:39|
IT Operations Manager|
Are you an experienced IT Operations Manager looking for a new role, in an extremely unique, and interesting company? Do you want to be involved in a life- changing process?
If so, then we'd like to speak with you ASAP!
Cordant Recruitment Cardiff are currently looking to recruit an IT Operations Manager, with a strong technical systems administration background, capable of leading a fascinating businesses operations activities.
* Overall responsibility for deployments in live customer/production environments
* Ownership of the design, implementation and support of customer hosting solutions (capacity/availability/compliance)
* Development of hosting strategy for customer compliant systems
* Consultation with customers regarding hosting of services for production environments on customer infrastructure
* Hands-on setup and maintenance of development and testing infrastructure including QA and CI environments.
* Responsible for all IT equipment and services used in the running of the business. This includes hardware such as laptops, and internal and external services used by the business such as Microsoft Office 365.
* Development, implementation and maintenance of the businesses Disaster Recovery Plans, including the coordination of regular testing
* Development, implementation and maintenance of the businesses operational processes and associated SOPs
* Managing and coordinating a team of Operations engineers to ensure the business objectives are met
* Participant in the security function, responsible for ensuring all required technical controls are in place.
* Establishing plans for the growth of the businesses operations team in line with future business and product requirements.
Skills and Experience- Essential:
* 5+ years of Systems Administration experience on Linux Environments (RedHat/CentOS)
* Experience of architecting and managing highly available cloud hosted solutions, for example using AWS or a specialist compliant hosting provider
* Experience of automation and configuration management techniques, using tools such as Ansible
* Experience with version control systems such as Git
* Experience of PostgreSQL database administration
* Experience of deploying and managing Java applications using Apache Tomcat
* Expert knowledge of one or more scripting languages, for example python, bash, etc
* Experience of managing IT infrastructure in line with ITIL best practices
* Strong organisational and communication skills
* Team leadership skills with experience of developing and growing an operations team
Interested? Then we'd love to hear from you. Please upload your CV TODAY as a Microsoft Word document to be immediately considered for interview.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy