|Job Ref:||204657036||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||County Durham||City:||Sedgefield||Address:||Post Code:||TS21||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:39|
The Senior Software Engineer/Team Lead plays a key role in translating the organisation's technology into high-quality, customer-facing software products. The role includes management responsibility for a small team as well as planning and project management. The primary functions of the role will be:
• Team leadership
• Preparation of Functional Specifications
• Planning and management of software development projects
• Creation of high quality software libraries and GUI applications with documentation
• Responsibility for software quality, professionalism and versioning
• External implementation support
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
• Excellent C++ and C# programming skills
• Ability to capture requirements and produce Functional Specifications
• Excellent planning and organisational skills related to the development of commercial software including:
• software project management
• software testing strategies
• source code control
• High levels of competency in GUI design and programming (with emphasis on C# and WPF)
• Previous team management experience desirable
Educational standard required
Minimum degree-level in a software engineering or computer science discipline.
Human interaction skills
The Senior Software Engineer/Team Lead is expected to take a collaborative and constructive approach to their interaction with other staff members, at all times to maintain high levels of professional integrity and to be a positive role model to other employees by conducting themselves in a manner consistent with the Company's values.
The Senior Software Engineer/Team Lead is expected to show high levels of commitment and responsibility. Most importantly, the role requires an energetic individual capable of "getting things done" with minimal day to day management.
Additional skills which would be beneficial:
• An understanding of MATLAB programming
• Knowledge of image processing techniques
• Levels of scientific and technical understanding that allow effective communication with the Innovation Team.
• Pension Scheme
• Life Insurance
• Choice of a third flexible benefit
• Share options available after probation period
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays (one flexible benefit option after probation is 5 extra days holiday)