|Job Ref:||204656957||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Basildon||Address:||Post Code:||SS14||Salary:||£350/day||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:39|
Job Title: Data Migration Manager|
*The Maximum Daily Pay Rate: £ 350 LTD
*Location: Basildon, Essex
*Contract Length: 03/10/2016 to 02/03/2017
1. Context of the role
Infrastructure Systems Migration Engineer is a lead specialist role that provides an escalation reference for the team, applying expert knowledge to assist in the resolution of problems and develop the knowledge of the team.
The role provides specialist advice across a range of IT infrastructure areas including, but not limited to; WLAN, LAN, WAN, Compute / Storage (Physical / Virtual) and Voice including both installation and support. They are responsible for the strategic planning and project works within the team.
2. Additions to the job description (role specific bullet points)
2.1 Business Focus
* To participate in planning, developing, reviewing and updating/ upgrading the organisation's technical strategy for the IT infrastructure of stakeholder organisations.
* Monitor, maintain and develop the IT infrastructure to meet current and future needs of customers and service users
* To evaluate and plan for changes to clinical and non-clinical IT systems in order to meet current and future needs of health care services.
2.2 Customer Focus
* To assist in the development of an effective customer-focused Infrastructures Service that is fit for purpose, constantly looking for opportunities for improving efficiency and service.
* To offer expert advice on the organisation's services to both existing and prospective clients.
* To provide management reports regarding the trends and performance of the network as required.
* To maintain expert knowledge of the Infrastructure hardware in use.
* Manage two way communications with both network users and product suppliers on Infrastructure incidents or Projects, to achieve professional and timely resolution.
2.3 Delivery Focus
* To provide specialist migration expertise to support Active directory / Exchange and Novell Directory Services/Groupwise migrations for complex multi customer migration projects.
* To diagnose and resolve faults in a quick and effective manner, exploring a range of options where necessary to bring faults to resolution.
* To provide problem management to both the organisation and the customer base.
* To ensure services are in accordance with legislation and good practice.
* Diagnose complex IT problems in dynamically changing IT situations.
* To monitor Infrastructure performance, setting suitable exception thresholds to promote remedial action prior to the occurrence of major faults or unplanned outages.
* Process and review planned changes to the estate through participation in the relevant forums.
* To provide specialist support in areas such as Exchange, Networking, and Server Management and to liaise with the 3rd party providers to ensure problems are resolved quickly and efficiently.
* Coordinate with staff in other teams within the organisation, when required to work on complex problems.
* To apply and maintain security measures for the data and communications network.
* Ensuring that Infrastructure Documentation is reviewed and kept up to date.
2.4 Leadership and Management
* Assist in developing the knowledge of the team of technical design experts, by coaching in the subject area.
* To keep abreast of developments in new technology and its implementation in order to follow best practice.
* Display the ability to professionally work autonomously, with competing high priorities, managing multiple work streams.
2.5 Developing a high performing commercial organisation
* Assist relevant peers in the planning and execution of system testing necessary for new and upgraded Infrastructure installations prior to release in the live environment to ensure continuity of service.
* Design and develop standard network / server / desktop configurations and builds.
* Apply release procedures to ensure that equipment is fully fit for service and ensure continuity of service provision.
* Evidence of continuing professional development
* Post graduate qualification in relevant subject or significant experience
* Extensive knowledge, skills and experience of network infrastructures
* Extensive knowledge of Server, Storage and Virtualisation Technologies
* Three MCP examination passes in a server, network or infrastructure related discipline
* Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
* VCP-DCV (5 or later)
* Experience providing senior level technical support through a team of design experts
* Experience of large Active Directory migrations
* Experience using ADMT / Quest
* Experience of Novell Directory Services and migrations to Microsoft
* Significant experience in developing technical strategy and providing specialist, professional support and guidance to peers and colleagues.
* Significant experience in performance monitoring and proposing corrective actions.
* Significant experience ensuring all services are in accordance with legislation and good practice
* Experience designing and delivering technical infrastructures to support a multi -client base
* Extensive knowledge, skills and experience of application technology.
* Experience creating and monitoring SLAs with clients and ensuring key objectives are delivered
* Understanding of the current issues impacting on the organisation
* Data: Well developed data analysis and interpretation skills involving highly complex data, with outstanding analytical and problem solving skills. Experience of supporting budgets and efficiency programmes
* IT expert with an advanced working knowledge and proficiency in all Microsoft Office packages (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail and internet use)
* To actively support the development of a business culture that recognises and promotes equality and values diversity
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy