|Job Ref:||204656280||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Farnborough||Address:||Post Code:||OX17||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum Excellent Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:39|
Software Engineer - Cloud Technology |
£45,000 - £55,000 plus excellent benefits
Pension, Healthcare, Bonus, Gym etc.
Obscurant are pleased to be supporting a highly reputable organisation who are leading the way within their technology field. With sites across the South of the UK all of which are growing dramatically due to new business success and existing customers they are actively looking to secure a number of highly astute technical professionals.
The Software Engineers are part of the Software Development Division (c20-24 staff and growing!) who work to deliver high quality, and extensible Cloud based applications.
Due to the scope of the company's technical ability we understand you won't possess everything mentioned below, and that is ok! What matters is you have a solid understanding in one are with the ability and passion to want to diversify your skills.
Methodical - ENJOY solving problems
Inquisitive!? Want to learn and build on your current skills across new technologies
Proud - Love to see the effect your work, ideas and attitude has on both the team, business and end customers!
Main areas of responsibility;
* Part of the technical design and development of the companies cloud based applications
* Be part of something special, part of Scrum and engineering teams - SHARE KNOWLEDGE & GROW!
* Developing secure, performant and scalable applications/software services that enable the company to achieve its business goals
* Actively engage with other project and technical teams to improve cross working / team knowledge
* Input into functional requirements, ensuring these are clearly stated and testable.
* Ensure non-functional requirements are addressed
* Write supporting documentation for design, configuration and on-going support
* Maintain technical knowledge of current technical trends and standards
* Provide Subject Matter Expert level code and application support when needed, including leadership of technical investigations
You will be;
Disciplined, organised and self-motivated focussing on the value creation and delivery.
Love working in agile environment, you'll be naturally open and keen to share knowledge across teams whilst contributing to technical discussions.
Excellent communicator with a positive "CAN-DO" attitude
* Understanding of SQL and NoSQL database technologies. Be able design performant queries, appropriately normalised schemas and basic tuning against MySQL/MariaDB and/or MongoDB.
* Knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI/CD), including build scripts and version management tools
* Commercial experience working in agile teams and practices, e.g. eXtreme Programming and SCRUM
Competent in one or both;
* API and Service Development - be able to design and code services that are resilient, performant and scalable
Desirable knowledge includes;
* Understand the principals of virtualisation with VMware, OpenStack, AWS/Azure
* Security Coding
* Testing framework such as Unit Testing, CBDD/TDD etc.
Due to the nature of the end clients you must be able to secure SC clearance
If you believe this is a role well suited to your skills and own passions then get in touch to be considered, confidentially. This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward thinking, growing and diverse technology company