|Job Ref:||204656259||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Ashford||Address:||Post Code:||TW15||Salary:||£16000 - £20000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:39|
2nd Line Support Engineer|
Salary: £16k - £20k
The role of the 2nd Line Support Engineer builds on that of the 1st line role. It combines a clear commitment to customer satisfaction by utilising technical skills to a high standard, resolving customer and also company problems. The 2nd Line Support Engineer is responsible for day-to-day support of Customers. This may be through the Support System or via Maintenance of Systems in place. Actively taking new support requests and also being responsible for escalations from the 1st line, the 2nd Line Support Engineer will be versatile and able to work in resourceful, problem solving and capable manner with a can do attitude. The position requires an individual to be capable of managing their own workload and thinking on their feet in many different kinds of situations. A passion for I.T and an excellent, dedicated work ethic is expected for this position.
• Provide Support for customers via telephone, email and online tickets.
• Support, maintain, and improve customer service.
• Provide accurate and timely diagnosis and rectification of customer faults in a timely manner and within SLA's.
• Manage own workload
• Work with partners and third party companies to resolve problems.
• Problem Solve and Resourceful, utilising Technical libraries.
• Troubleshoot technical issues in a highly efficient way.
• Understand priority levels and make a decision based on them.
• Resolve or escalate problems and service requests according to established procedures
• Work proactively to ensure prompt resolution of support cases and the highest possible levels of customer satisfaction.
• Raise, update and close calls on service desk call management system.
• Escalate call to the 3rd Line support/external maintenance companies.
• Be aware of polices in place and ensure a mature approach is followed.
• Provide a very high standard of customer service to our customers.
Essential Technical Experience
• Microsoft Windows (All versions) experience to a high level (Troubleshoot and effectively resolve issues by research / using knowledge bases in a confident way)
• Active Directory (Security Groups, Administration)
• Windows Server Environment experience - troubleshooting, patching, resolving.
• Office 365 Experience
• Backups Experience (Various and ability to use different applications)
• Router maintenance (Wireless configuration, Install and setups)
• Server Maintenance
• Systems Maintenance
• Hardware Maintenance
• DNS Management (Internal and External, multi-platform)
• Cloud Experience
This role is service desk based at Ashford, but could involve despatch to customer site.
Hours: 8.5 hour day with 1hour for lunch
Working Hours: 08:00 to 17:30 Monday
08:30 to 17:30 Tuesday to Friday