|Job Ref:||204656035||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£60000 - £70000/annum Bonus and benefits package||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:39|
Principal / Senior Data Scientist - Big Data - London|
R - Python - Hadoop
A hugely exciting opportunity has arisen for a Principal Data Scientist to join a newly created Big Data team in central London. You will play a pivotal role in shaping the direction of data science.
The successful Data Scientist will be joining a hugely ambitious programme of work to help my client really unlock the big data and insight within their huge data sets. You'll be driving data science forward in the company and be a resident expert in big data, using the Hadoop ecosystem and R / Python programming.
What will the Senior / Principal Data Scientist be doing?
* Hands on delivery of advanced analytical projects using data science techniques such as machine learning and predictive models, using unstructured and structured data
* Performing extensive R&D
* Combining new and existing data sources
* Playing a role in delivering the big data and data science roadmap and developing the big data Hadoop ecosystem
* Managing stakeholders and working with other teams
* Leading one Data Scientist
What skills and experience should the Data Scientist?
* 3 years + experience of Data Science
* Programming language knowledge - R/ Python / Scala / Java
* Experience working with the Hadoop ecosystem (e.g. MapR, Spark, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, HBase)
* Predictive analytics experience and machine learning
* Experience working with unstructured data / NLP
* Stakeholder management skills. If you have previous mentoring / leadership experience this is helpful but not essential
It's a hugely exciting time to join a brand new big data project with excellent potential for career progression as the team grows. The company have unparalleled training facilities. Apply now for this fantastic Data Scientist opportunity.
Located in Central London with excellent transport links.
Data Scientist - Big Data - R - Python - Hadoop
People Source Consulting Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
People Source specialise in technology recruitment across niche markets including Information Technology, Digital TV, Digital Marketing, Project and Programme Management, SAP, Digital and Consumer Electronics, Air Traffic Management, Management Consultancy, Business Intelligence, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Public Sector, Healthcare, Finance and Oil & Gas