|Job Ref:||204655327||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Gloucestershire||City:||Kemble||Address:||Post Code:||GL7||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:39|
IT Support Engineer|
If you thrive on pressure and relish a challenge in an organisation that is constantly adapting and evolving, then Hardware Group are looking for you to join us as an IT Support Engineer.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Hardware Group, a market leader in delivering network equipment, solutions and services. We endeavour to remain at the forefront of industry developments, utilising innovative and cutting edge technology to ensure we continue to be recognised as industry pioneers, staying ahead of change and offering our customers best of breed solutions.
Your time will be split between end user support and new project activities and you will be directly responsible for several key operational systems; you will be pivotal in maintaining business operations now and evolving them into the future.
This opportunity might be for you if:
- You enjoy solving problems and have a passion for all things technology.
- You love taking on difficult challenges and finding solutions to complex problems.
- You don't get flustered easily. If you don't know the answer, you'll keep working until you find it.
- You like helping people. You are patient, level-headed and cool under pressure.
- You pay attention to detail. As far as you are concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time.
- You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you learn quickly. When things change you know how to adapt.
- You are motivated and driven and you're going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
- A typical day as an IT Support Engineer:
- Supporting our end users and customers to resolve issues across a range of technologies and identifying the cause of such issues, developing solutions to prevent issues from reoccurring.
- Working on exciting and innovative projects, making your mark on system improvements that enhance the end user experience and add value to our business.
- Collaborating with other members of the Information Services (IS) team and others to bring about transformation, building a world class environment for our users offering the very best technical solutions available.
- Being listened to, bringing your knowledge and experience to the role, grasping new challenges along the way; as part of a small team you will be instrumental in our success.
- Proven practical hands-on experience with 5+ years recent experience in a desk side support role.
- Strong team player but with the ability to work autonomously, solving problems using your own initiative.
- Excellent customer service skills with a proactive 'can do' attitude to all you do.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, possessing the confidence to deal with users at all levels, including Directors and senior managers.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft technologies (operating systems, servers, office) and a good knowledge of networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS).
- General knowledge of Active Directory (creating user accounts, resetting passwords).
- Project support experience (desk moves, roll-outs).
- Microsoft Lync server administration and support experience.
- Experience of working with, and migrating to, Microsoft Office 365.
VMWare ESXi administration and support experience.
- Experience of managing projects and third party suppliers relationships.
We will provide on-going training and development in line with the requirements of the role and the development of the individual. We also provide access to some of the industry's best people, offering an invaluable wealth of knowledge for your personal development.
Kemble, Gloucestershire, UK. Our headquarters in Kemble are modern light and airy, promoting a dynamic and vibrant work environment with ample parking on site. There may be times when you are required to visit our other offices around the UK and beyond, but you will be based here.
We support a philosophy of work hard, play hard and as such, we have incorporated elements such as table football, bean bags and a relaxed break out area to encourage employees to get away from their desks, recharge and strengthen team relationships.
The health and well-being of our employees is equally important to us and, in our large, well-fitted kitchen you will find complimentary breakfast and fruit.
Culture and Diversity:
We promote a multi-cultural environment with equal opportunities for all.
Hardware Group has a strong responsibility to the environment and aims to minimise pollution by recycling cardboard, paper, plastic, printer cartridges and packaging. We have also implemented a cycle to work scheme and actively encourage car-sharing wherever possible to minimise pollution.
Hardware Group is BS EN ISO 9001:2015 and BS EN ISO 27001:2013 certified by the British Standards Institution. This underpins our company ethos and commitment to high standards, continuous improvement, efficiency and legislative compliance.
Very Competitive. Subject to experience with career path and opportunities to match.
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm
As you'll be working in a support role, there may be occasions where you may need to be flexible with working arrangements, wherever possible this will always be by prior arrangement.
Personal pension plan as well as healthcare, permanent health insurance and life assurance upon successful completion of probation