|Job Ref:||204655223||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Preston||Address:||Post Code:||BN1||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum See Job Spec||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:39|
Would you like to join a leading food service company, who are one of the largest nationwide distributors in the UK?|
We want you to bring your unique set of skills and experience to our Company, where you can reach your true potential.
There is an excellent support network and a team of industry professionals around you, whilst you get to grips with the job.
We are a leading distributor to the bakery, manufacturing and food industries, providing quality raw materials and finished products. Launched over 50 years ago, we are a forward thinking company offering leading industry brand names, together with our own 'national' brand. Our dedicated vehicle fleet currently distributes ambient, chilled and frozen goods together with additional non-food products to our extensive customer base who demand competitive pricing and excellent service.
The purpose of this role will be to work with the National IT Manager and Management Team on any aspect of Information Technology across the Company.
The successful candidate will:
* Work as part of a growing development team.
* Priorities work effectively in order to meet agreed deadlines.
* Communicate system changes effectively to all affected stakeholders.
* Develop a Wish List Perfect version of the existing ERP system.
* Assist with the implementation of a project across the group to convert the existing ERP system from character front end to a NET GUI front end.
* Take the lead in the development work during the project to convert the existing ERP system from character front end to a NET GUI front end.
* Carry out robust testing of systems prior to go live.
* Assist in the training of junior members of the development team.
* Assist in the production and maintenance of documentation relating to the Company's IT systems as stipulated by the National IT Manager.
* Support end users in the use of computer facilities by providing necessary training and advice
* Keep up to date on, make suggestions on, research, specify and implement accordingly any suitable new software developments that improve the business as a whole.
* Carry out any other duties required and deemed relevant by the National IT Manager
This is an exciting role where you will have opportunity to take ownership and stamp your mark on the outcomes of a new long term software change project, along with any ongoing development tasks within the business
Software Developer | Developer | IT | IT Systems | NET | IT Security | Computers | Software | IT Support
Additional Salary Information:
Pension, Life Assurance, bonus scheme, 28 days holiday
* Computer related degree or equivalent industry experience
* Recognised Industry certifications
* Experience and sound knowledge of NET technologies including C# and/or VB
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with a customer focused approach
* Ability to be on-call 24/7 as required by business rotas.
* Minimum of three years' experience working in a similar role
* "Hands on" approach with a willingness and desire to learn
* Strong awareness and understanding of IT Security
* Self-motivated and able to work with the minimum of supervision
* Experience and knowledge of the following areas: Web/Browser based development, AS400/RPG/BPCS, Chip and PIN PCI Compliance technologies, Mobile Application Development.
* Exposure to or experience of ITIL working practices
* Ability to work under pressure whilst demonstrating a flexible, enthusiastic and hardworking attitude
At our company, we endeavour to maximise the potential of all our staff and ensure their contribution to the company's success.
We aspire to make a significant, positive impact within our local community that drives the future growth of the business. The driving force behind our organisation is the staff morale and commitment to providing customer service excellence. We are looking for candidates that want to grow with the company and deliver a service filled with passion and commitment