|Job Ref:||204655200||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Porton||Address:||Post Code:||SP4||Salary:||£350 - £380/day||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:39|
CV Submission Deadline: 29/09/(Apply online only)|
Contract Length: 24/10/2016 to 15/06/2018
DSTL - ALL DSTL POSTS ARE RESERVED POSTS, Due to the nature of the work and site only UK Nationals will be considered for the role, Due to security requirements Dual Nationals will not be eligible.
Dstl provide specialist technical advice to Joint Force Intelligence group on a variety of intelligence focused topics. This includes the collection, management and exploitation of geospatial data from a variety of sources. The availability of large quantities of commercial and classified imagery data, vector data, text reports and open source material poses a significant opportunity for improving the accuracy, timeliness and utility of geospatial information, both supporting traditional approaches and offering entirely new ways of working. This task and the contractor being sought will support this work, working with customers to identify opportunities and building demonstrations to provide proof of concepts.
NA facing experience.
2. Proven record of using commercial and/or open source geospatial tools (such as ArcGIS, QGIS, GeoServer, PostGIS etc) to collect, manage and exploit geospatial data.
3. An understanding of remote sensing data sources and associated processing methodologies.
Formal Qualifications Required (Fieldglass - Additional Qualifications Required)
A formal qualification in a subject related to geospatial science, computer science, maths or engineering. However, domain experience is preferred over qualifications.
1. To act as a Dstl Subject Matter Expert (SME) and technical lead on all geospatial analysis matters including providing advice on data, tools and techniques.
2. Identification of requirements for improvements using technology to improve geospatial data capture, management and exploitation.
3. Collaboration with other team members to identify potential solutions.
4. Building of technology demonstrators using commercial and open source software.
5. Engagement with customers to gather feedback.
1. Knowledge and understanding of the geospatial data domain (including the collection, management and/or exploitation/analysis of geospatial data).
2. Hands on programming or scripting skills, an ability to demonstrate technical ideas using open source and commercial toolsets.
3. An ability to work collaboratively within teams, while also setting their own direction.
4. An awareness of future direction of geospatial technologies.
5. Wider skills in the analysis of large quantities of technical data.
6. A qualification in scientific or numerate discipline or several years appropriate experience.
CV Submission Deadline: 29/09/(Apply online only)