|Job Ref:||204659982||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£24000 - £27000/annum plus possible on call allo||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:39|
OVERVIEW: Application Support Analyst / Technical Support Consultant / Engineer sought by ERP software house based in Almondsbury, Bristol. Salary £23K-C£27K plus potential up to C£5K on call allowance after probation, plus pension, health etc. Great opportunity to join a rapidly growing company offering ongoing training and development and a structured career path.|
LOCATION: Almondsbury, near Bristol. Full time office based position. Monday-Friday 9-5.30pm with 1 hour lunch.
My client is a market leader in software solutions for the manufacturing industry. Their sophisticated ERP and MRP systems support producers globally. Their industry-proven software is a unified enterprise solution. You will join the business at an exciting time, as the company embarks on transitioning its highly successful software solution to the .NET framework as part of a multi-year strategy to maintain its competitive market advantage.
THE ROLE & OPPORTUNITY
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a proven and experienced technical support specialist to join a talented team supporting a range of blue chip clients in the manufacturing Industries. The successful candidate will join the Company at an exciting time as the business is experiencing rapid growth. A comprehensive learning and development programme will be provided for the successful candidate, who will deliver technical and application support to a range of clients, and in particular will provide support for the integration of peripheral devices and the AIX platform.
Day to day duties;
* Resolving and prioritising customers' support requests allocated via the support system in a timely and efficient manner.
* Acquire a good understanding of the company's software products as part of a formal learning and development programme.
* Working with customers to set up and integrate peripheral devices such as printers/scanners to the system and resolving issues associated with integration.
* Advising customers with specific responsibility for AIX-based implementations.
* Reaching out, where appropriate, to colleagues in software development to gain second line support guidance to assist in the resolution of customer support requests.
* Documenting solutions to service requests and customer issues and ensuring they are logged and tagged appropriately in the company's knowledge base
* Regular updating of the support system with status of outstanding tickets
* Acting as the first point of contact for customer support requests, resolving or allocating such support requests appropriately.
* Working with 3rd party vendors who provide additional hardware and software
* A modern cloud-based Support Desk system, which supports customer engagement and self-service.
* Access to an extensive knowledge base within the Support team.
- You will be at a distinct advantage if you have experience / exposure to supporting ERP or finance systems or accountancy software OR if you have any finance or accounting / ERP knowledge either commercial OR academic!
- Ideally degree or equivalent qualification in an IT or finance / accounting related discipline.
- Good experience of providing a high quality software application support service, particularly in supporting specialised applications and products.
- Used to working under pressure in a busy Support Desk environment
- A strong understanding of the technologies on which the customer software solutions are built.
- Use of modern help desk or service desk systems in previous employments.
- Awareness / understanding of ITIL / ISO Standards
- High level awareness / understanding of programming / software development / software engineering and database structures from a support perspective is highly advantageous
WHAT'S ON OFFER;
This position is based in Almondsbury near Bristol and offers;
- Funding of relevant professional qualifications
- A comprehensive learning and development program
- An excellent hard working but fun environment
- A highly competitive salary plus pension, health, medical and life assurance based on experience coupled with excellent training and development opportunities.
If you are a good match then please send a CV immediately to learn more about this excellent career opportunity.
Keywords: service desk, support, analyst , consultant, technical, engineer, help, ERP, Unix, Windows, Cloud, helpdesk, servicedesk, WMS, warehouse management systems, accountancy, finance, manufacturing, accountant, financial, first line support, 2nd line support
This vacancy is being advertised by ChilliFrog Ltd. The services advertised by ChilliFrog Ltd are those of an Employment Agency