|Job Ref:||204659822||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£275 - £300/day||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:39|
An experienced SQL DBA is needed to join the existing infrastructure team to administrate the company's existing database.|
This role requires excellent technical, initiative and communication skills to ensure consistent delivery of services. It is necessary that an awareness of the environment across all platforms is understood and that this knowledge is articulated clearly at all times.
Work based competencies:
* Proven experience in the management of complex SQL Server architecture.
* Working with other teams to agree and design the configuration of SQL server.
* Operational configuration and support of the firms databases working with other teams and vendors
* The daily management of SQL Server application databases working with the Server team who will be responsible for SQL in a DBA "out of the box" capacity.
* Ability to understand and write T-SQL queries and stored procedures.
* Working knowledge of Replication and HA/DR within SQL Server.
* Ability to proactively performance tune and optimise the firms SQL systems.
* Experience working with SQL Report services.
* Windows Clustering knowledge.
* Working Knowledge of Windows Server (Apply online only).
* Ability to use initiative and be pro-active;
* Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise;
* Excellent service orientation skills;
* Enthusiastic, positive and committed team member;
* Ability to cope with conflicting demands and meet deadlines;
* Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy;
* Excellent communication skills;
* Communicates effectively at all levels, both verbally and written;
* Takes personal responsibility for getting things done;
* Remains calm under pressure;
Nigel Frank International is a worldwide established market leading Microsoft specialist recruitment business. As specialists, we have a proven reputation in delivering both permanent and contract based professionals in a number of different areas of Microsoft across the globe. As a company we have an established client base consisting of the most respected Microsoft BI Consulting practises and End Users.
To discuss the current and any other prosperous Microsoft BI opportunities in more detail, please send your CV or call Jack Wiggins on (Apply online only) to discuss the matter ASAP