|Job Ref:||204659504||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:39|
JOB TITLE: Innovation Task Manager|
LOCATION: Central London
DURATION: 6 - 12 months contract (option available to extend further)
DAILY RATE: Competitive Rate (dependent on level of experience)
CONDITIONS: DV Clearance is required prior to project commencement
Capita TRACS is currently recruiting for a talented and highly skilled Innovation Task Manager on behalf of our client who has set up an Innovation Capability (IC) and requires a person with project management skills to manage innovation activities on a day to day basis on behalf of the co-ordinator of the Innovation Capability.
This position would suit an individual with excellent project management skills who is interested in a different application of these skills in a dynamic environment, and who is capable of managing multiple experiments in parallel in a dynamic environment, and who is capable of managing multiple experiences in parallel in an agile and lean manner, but at the same time in a light, non-intrusive manner with an emphasis on inter-personal skills and the nurturing of ideas and submissions.
A 'project' in IC terms, is defined as the episode from when an Innovation idea is submitted through its whole lifecycle to experiment, being assessed for business value before subsequent closedown.
The IC activities will follow the IC process as defined in the internal Innovation Report and the PM will be responsible for ensuring that all activities adhere to this.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
* The Task Manager's (TM) prime responsibility is to ensure that the projects produce the required results at the appropriate stage of the IC process and are within their tolerances on time, quality, scope risk and benefits. The PM will also be involved in the initial scoping and expansion of the ideas submission (Idea Enumeration)
* The TM also manages the technical leads of each experiment and is responsible for liaison with the Commercial/Procurement lead for any 3rd party collaboration.
* In the case of an experiment having no appointed technical lead, the PM will be responsible for a light-touch supervisory role directly with the team members involved.
* Supporting tasks also falling to the TM, including reporting, some internal communication and financial tracking and clearance activities associated with acquisition of resources.
* Over the course of the year, the individual can expect to task manage experiments of various sixes and importance being up to approximately 10 to 15 running in parallel and with differing levels of maturity, involvement and duration. Therefore, careful tracking, written, motivational and inter-personal skills are paramount.
* Manage and track the ideas submission process and the immediate interaction with the idea submitters.
* Work with the IC Co-ordinator regarding the filtering of the initial submission.
* Work with the IC Co-ordinator to enumerate those ideas carried forward.
* Devise, in conjunction with the Experiment Technical leads, an outline project plan.
* Liaise with external suppliers in collaboration with the commercial staff.
* Lead and motivate the experiment technical leads.
* Advise the IC Co-ordinator of any deviation of the experiment plans.
* Prepare documents to include, Idea Enumeration, Highlight reports, Closure reports and lessons learnt, Triage submission change requests.
* Maintain the following records, Ideas submissions, RAID log, Lesson learnt log.
We are looking for bright and committed individuals who possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
* A proven track record of delivering projects to time, cost and quality and of meeting customer requirements.
* The candidate should be tech-savvy and have a healthy interest in technology, its trends and applications.
* Excellent soft skills are imperative with the preferable ability to provide a light-touch steering of activities rather than a formal project management regime.
* The candidate needs to be able to build relationships and work well with others in order to achieve desired outcomes.
* Prince2 Practitioner and experience of using it.
* ISEB Certificate in Project Management.
* Affiliation to a professional Project Management body (APM, PMI, BCS)
Then please apply immediately with your most recent copy of your CV, ensuring the start and end dates of past projects / employment are correct.
Capita TRACS welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita TRACS is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered is those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us