|Job Ref:||204659278||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxford||Address:||Post Code:||OX4||Salary:||£14 - £15/hour||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:40|
Secondsite Recruitment is seeking a confident, professional and organised IT Officer to join a fast-paced employer based in Oxford. The ideal candidate will be available immediately and pride themselves on being able to prioritise busy and demanding workloads in this Temporary Position.|
Job role: IT Officer
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire
Salary: Up to £15 per hour
Contract: Temporary with the possibility of a Permanent position.
Hours: 35 Hours per week - Monday to Friday
Holiday: 27 Days plus Public Holiday
Benefits: Pensions Scheme and Free lunch
* Working with end-users in all departments to ensure the use of consistent high standards in the management of information.
* Providing support to all users, listening to concerns and issues and finding and implementing solutions.
* Assisting colleagues with access to the network.
* To assist the smooth running of IT in all administrative offices.
* Providing excellent customer facing support in all areas of IT, including to conference guests.
* Maintaining a modern, cost effective, stable and secure IT infrastructure available 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
* Interact as required, specifically supporting user's experiences in connecting to systems.
* Liaising with external suppliers for the provision of products/technical support/services as required.
* To manage and support the setup/takedown of AV equipment for presentations/meetings on a daily basis.
* To order such equipment/hardware/software (as authorised by the IT Manager) as may be necessary for the maintenance of IT provision.
* Promoting best practice in the development of information systems.
* Supporting line management in the establishment, development and communication of the IT strategies, including project management.
* To co-operate with, and provide feedback for reps on a variety on IT topics.
* To comply with statutory and legal requirements for fire, health & safety and asbestos management.
* To be fully aware of, and strictly adhere to, security procedures laid down by the employer, including keys, stock, and property and data protection.
Skills and Previous Experience
* Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
* A flexible approach to work.
* Problem solving & working to tight deadlines.
* Experience of diagnosing hardware faults with IT equipment.
* Managing helpdesk tickets and prioritising workload.
* Recent (in the past 5 years) experience with Windows Domain services.
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
* Excellent knowledge of Apple mac OS and iOS.
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
* Ability to quickly setup AV and support delegates.
* Thorough understanding of network design.
* CCNA (or equivalent).
* Microsoft Office Specialist Certification (or equivalent).
* PHP (non-essential).
If you are interested and believe you have suitable skills and experience to be considered for this position then please apply.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application. Please continue to visit our website for other opportunities - (url removed)
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job