|Job Ref:||204659094||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sittingbourne||Address:||Post Code:||ME10||Salary:||£22000 - £25000/annum £50 P/D ( AD-HOC )||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:40|
An exclusive and trusted IT Support organisation is seeking a highly technical Microsoft Server Engineer. The 2nd line engineer will be responsible for overseeing a number of large scale migration projects within the financial sector.|
* You will be working closely with the IT Manager, offering helpdesk and hands-on deskside support from a 2nd / 3rd line level to an on-site user base of approximately 200 IT users.
* The role will predominantly involve 2nd / 3rd line support within a Windows environment, providing desktop support across Windows 7 operating systems.
* In addition to this, you will have server exposure, supporting Windows Server 2008 from a 3rd line level.
* You will be working regularly with Active Directory and Exchange Server 2010, with duties including the set-up of new users, resetting passwords and group policies.
* The role will have a strong hands-on focus, and you will be covering break-fix support of PCs, laptops, printers and peripheral equipment.
The Successful Applicant
* You will have experience providing IT support from a 2nd/3rd line perspective within a Windows environment, including a sound understanding of Windows XP and 7 operating systems.
* You will be experienced supporting and administering Exchange Server 2010 and Active Directory, including areas such as user creation, group policies and password resets.
* You will have a good level of experience of Windows Server 2008 from an implementation and administration perspective.
* Whilst not essential, basic network support experience will be highly desirable, and you will ideally have an understanding of TCP/IP and LAN/WAN support.
* You will have excellent communication skills, and the professionalism to provide technical support to a wide array of individuals, and the ability to resolve issues and troubleshoot for non-technical members of staff.
Huntress Group does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Group acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK