|Job Ref:||204655062||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Monmouthshire||City:||Newport||Address:||Post Code:||GL13||Salary:||£28000 - £38000/annum Bonus||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:40|
Systems Engineer - Networking|
This is an immediate requirement for a Systems Engineer or Support Engineer with experience of building, integrating and testing of communication and networking systems.
A great opportunity has arisen for a Systems Engineer to work for a leading communications design company in the South Wales area. This Technical Support Engineer role will be working on a number of new programmes and products being developed for the UK military.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the setup, configuration, integration, testing, qualification and delivery of computing hardware devices, including computers, routers and switches
Re-locators are also welcome to apply and my client can offer assistance to those who qualify.
JOB DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS
Responsibilities for this role
- This role is for a System Engineer to work as part of the support team the development of the next major uplift of the communication system.
- The role will involve the development and delivery of solutions for new / updated capability being introduced that will include new data terminal hardware and operating systems
- The successful candidate will work on programmes at different stages in the engineering lifecycle and will be expected to work with multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver solutions that meet customer needs to a defined quality standard within agreed timescales and budgets.
Requirements for this role
- Engineering background or degree in a relevant discipline e.g. systems, hardware, computing.
- Practical experience with setup, configuration, integration, testing, qualification and delivery of computing hardware devices for communication systems, including computers, routers and switches
- Experienced in the engineering lifecycle, methods and tools for requirements management, design, testing, defect management, verification and validation.
- Worked in an IT or communication support like 2nd line, 3rd line, network engineer, hardware engineer etc
- Microsoft Windows hardware / software integration experience
- Confident and effective dealing with Customers and End Users
Due to the nature of the work at this site, applicants must be capable of achieving SC level UK security clearance. Current clearance is not a requirement