|Job Ref:||204655059||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:40|
We're looking for an IT Director to be responsible for delivering IT services across the entire group, leading 40+ people in supporting our 2,200+ staff across numerous sites in the UK and India. Working directly for the Group CTO, this is an exciting opportunity to take ownership for transforming our IT services and team, enabling us to meet our ambitious growth targets. |
We're one of the UK's largest and fastest-growing software and IT services companies, delivering a range of solutions to our 20,000+ customer base across every corner of the UK market. We were acquired in early 2015 by Vista Equity Partners, and are uniquely poised to continue our impressive growth.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
In this key strategic role, your remit will cover all aspects our IT services infrastructure, with a particular focus on:
• Information security - across the Advanced Group - Protect the availability, privacy, and integrity of data, not just computer security but the protection of any type of important data, such as personal documents.
• Data Protection - working with the Chief Security Officer and team, develop education and management framework to ensure that personal information is handled properly and not transferred to other countries without adequate protection.
• Compliance - working with the Chief Security Officer and team, 27001, 9001 standards, provide systems to control, adequately measure and manage the risks the business faces.
• Internal IT strategy - overall plan consisting of objectives, principles and tactics relating to use of the technologies within the Group.
• Staff Training - define and promote staff training to improve overall knowledge of IT systems.
• Supplier Management - Regular review of suppliers to review technologies while delivering value for money. Benchmark service provided against other similar suppliers.
• Budget Control - Create, manage and deliver to the IT budget. Review and optimise current costs and achieve cost saving though contract consolidation.
• Business continuity - identify and develop documentation, create test procedures and define resources to deliver Business continuity in the event of an accident, disaster, emergency, or threat.
• System Management - identify and implement best practises to improve availability, control changes, implement repeatable processes
• Project and Technical teams - Challenge the Technical teams to implement new solutions to aid the business in information sharing and Development.
• On site Engineers - Maintain the appropriate skill levels and discipline to quickly and efficiently deal with situations & issues
• Network - Review Network security controls, identify potential threats and weakness. Measure performance utilisation to optimise access and availability of systems.
• Telephony - regularly review and control costs associated with telephony. Identify options to centralise systems to simplify communication
• Licensing's and asset controls - Implement controls to manage company assets
We're looking for a strong leader excited by the challenge of working in a high-performing, high-growth technical environment, supporting a diverse range of technical users. Suitable candidates will be able to demonstrate:
• Demonstrable previous experience of delivering large-scale IT systems and services in a complex business environment.
• Strong technical expertise along with leadership and communication skills, to enhance the delivery of technology service across the Advanced Group.
• Previous experience of capturing business requirements & defining improvements .
• The ability to scope, define & provide solutions across a broad scope of diverse technologies. Display effective skills to communicate with senior business stakeholders, 3rd Party Suppliers and internal / external technical teams.
• Strong consultancy skills and the capacity to be an excellent motivator in order to meet deadlines and manage change.
Join the A Team
This is a fantastic opportunity to:
• Work directly with the CTO and other board members of the 3rd largest software provider to the UK market
• Be part of the transformation of our company owned by the world's most successful private equity company (Vista)
• Excellent benefits from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme
• 25 days holidays
• Special focus on training and development with the opportunity to excel your career from our internal Talent Development Team
• The ability to work with engaged colleagues who share a passion for solving business problems