|Job Ref:||204659947||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Surrey||Address:||Post Code:||KT15||Salary:||£250 - £300/day||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:41|
Project Manager- Defence|
£250- £300 per day
3 Month Rolling Contract
I have an urgent requirement for a Project Manager to work for a Defence client based in the Surrey area.
Due to successful growth and contract wins they are urgently seeking a project manager to manage the development of mission and safety critical products from concept through to delivery.
As this role is working with Tier 1 Defence and Military organisations you will need to have current SC Clearance or be eligible for SC Clearance.
* Leadership of the project throughout its life-cycle from concept through design, development, testing and manufacturing into delivery
* Relationship management with complex stakeholder and customers.
* Meeting project milestones, schedules and budget requirements.
* Establishing and reporting performance metrics, KPI's, monthly reports, etc.
* Meeting internal business reporting requirements.
* Conducting and chairing customer project and progress meetings and compilation of associated reports.
* Adhering to project, sub-contract, security and data management strategy protocols.
* Management of project issues, risks and opportunities.
* Identification and planning of resources needed to support programme deliverables.
* Approval of all internal and customer documentation in line with requirements and Company standards.
* Co-ordinate and manage all task activities ensuring all documentation is fully compliant with MoD Policies and specified requirements.
* Facilitate Gateway reviews used to assess the maturity and delivery of the technology.
Key Skills and Background Required
* 5+ years Project/Programme Management experience in a highly technical environment
* Experience working within or delivering defence related projects
* Strong communication, customer, user and stakeholder management skills with experience dealing with Senior and challenging individual
* Understanding of system integration and configuration management.
* Use of Microsoft Project to control, define and monitor progress against schedules.
* Use of project management software tools such as: SAP, ERP systems.
* Competent in Project Management techniques such as Critical Path, Pert Analysis and Network generation.
* Understanding of Project life-cycle management.
* Understanding of Risk and opportunity management.
* Understanding of Sub-contract and customer management.
* Understanding of Project financial management.
* Relevant experience of delivering project management of a technical product from concept phase through to prototyping and trials.
* Degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering or related subject.
* Professional project/programme management qualifications such as: APMP/ PRINCE 2 is desirable
* UK MoD - Acquisition Employment Trained would be an advantage
* Eligible for SC Security Clearance
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a growing SME who strive to be at the forefront of developing mission and safety critical products and systems worldwide.
How to APPLY:-
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided and I will contact you shortly for a confidential discussion.
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to the technology and manufacturing sectors.
Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across the following engineering and commercial disciplines; mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, controls & instrumentation, embedded software & electronics, quality & manufacturing, product design and project, programme & operations management