|Job Ref:||204659876||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Staffordshire||City:||Staffordshire||Address:||Post Code:||WS7||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:41|
We are currently recruiting for a motivated System Verification Engineer to join our team to support the execution of the engineering activities related to the Systems department. You will be involved in the Unit's tenders, contracts and future market needs. With a brand name known globally, we are proud of our success within industry and we are hunting for the best talent to join us to continue and improve our reign. |
The purpose of the System Verification engineer is to define the characteristics of the HVDC equipment and control system and perform specific network studies needed to confirm the correct interaction between the equipment, its control system and the rest of the network.
Responsibilities of the Systems Verification Engineer:
* The Systems Verification Engineer will be actively involved in new developments in HVDC technologies, implementing control and protection solutions and creating / delivering new analysis techniques and system study tools in order to provide optimized system study solutions.
* Analyse, define and communicate all technical documentation and internal standards related to requirements for systems in order to ensure the required level of technical knowledge within the business unit.
* Propose improvements, prescribe, plan and control the system activities in order to satisfy future customer needs.
* Represent the business in external events by publishing technical papers
* Comply with Quality Procedures, work instructions and Processes in ebook and on site
* Apply yourself towards improving your technical knowledge base and keep abreast of relevant methodologies and technological advancement within the Company.
Requirements of the Systems Verification Engineer:
* The Systems verification Engineer should hold a Power Electronics /Power Systems Degree
* Proven experience with HVDC System Verification
* Knowledge in the Line Commutation Converters (LCC) and Voltage source Converters(VSC)
* Knowledge of system tools like PSCAD, PSS/E, RTDS and MATLAB etc.
* Understanding of interactions between HVDC systems the AC network with detailed knowledge of types of system studies and modelling ability is required
* Experience in the area of protection co-ordination studies
* Knowledge of overall HVDC station equipment.
* High level of communication skills, both written and verbal, and experienced in creating and presenting technical reports;
* Experience in developing and managing client relationships
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position