|Job Ref:||204659805||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Staffordshire||City:||Staffordshire||Address:||Post Code:||WS7||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:41|
We are seeking an enthusiastic Protection System Engineer to join our team to develop our concept design and protection systems so we can continue to be the market leader within the Electronics Industry. With a brand name known globally, we are an expanding business who have recently won the most influential projects within engineering in hunt for the best talent to continue our success. |
The Protection System Engineer will be responsible for developing concept designs of control and protection systems for substation automation. Taking ownership of digital and conventional systems and assisting the Project Management department in acquiring information relating to system tenders.
The Protection System Engineer will have the opportunity to travel the globe with our projects based in South America, Canada and Europe. Dependent on projects you will be expected to meet with customers and engineers to provide your technical knowledge and support the team.
Responsibilities of the Protection System Engineer
* The Protection System Engineer will create concept protection systems for substation automation and refurbishing existing systems
* Performing fault calculations, protection studies and carrying out protection schemes
* The Protection System Engineer will train internal Engineers in the testing, commissioning and protection scheme design
* The Protection System Engineer will use technical knowledge to assist the Tendering team with new tenders
* The Protection System Engineer will constantly develop knowledge of automation systems and the wider industry including competitors' products
* The Protection System Engineer to compile reports regarding quality issues encountered on client sites'
* Providing support to the Project Management team as a technical expert during the costing phase
* The Testing, Commissioning and fault-finding on client sites as support to the commissioning team
Requirements of the Protection System Engineer
* The Protection System Engineer will be qualified to HND (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering
* Knowledge of Power Systems Engineering within a substation environment and understanding of secondary system design / commissioning
* Developed protection systems for HV or MV applications and knowledge of relevant communication protocols (i.e. IEC61850, UCA2.0, DNP3.0, Courier, etc)
* The Protection System Engineer Previously interfaced with customers directly
If the role of Protection System Engineer sounds like an interesting challenge, then please do apply.
You never know, this could be your dream job!
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position