|Job Ref:||204657774||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Warrington||Address:||Post Code:||MK46||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:41|
Our client is looking for a Senior Estimator, this is on a permanent basis to work out of Warrington|
About the role:
- To prepare complex estimates for the inclusion in a range of client facing proposals
- To review a range of estimating methodologies and NORM databases and prepare defensible bases of estimates and detailed strategies for cost effective methodologies for price preparation.
- To champion the NORM database with Lessons Learnt from tenders and projects to ensure ongoing competitiveness and lead estimating continuous improvement
- To conduct detailed contingency and risk analyses in conjunction with the Commercial Manager to ensure appropriate allowances
- The review of incoming tender documentation and the production of a planned methodology, preliminary basis of estimate and a clear strategy for price competitiveness for inclusion in the overall tender strategy.
- Engaging with internal stakeholders, in particular the Senior Bid Manager, Commercial Manager and Senior staff members to ensure margin expectations and risk expectations are being met.
- Working closely with the Commercial Manager in the establishment and continuous review of appropriate NORMs and productivity factors across a range of disciplines, to ensure low risk delivery and competitiveness against the competition.
- The preparation of detailed estimates through a range of techniques and cross check against past and current experience.
- Use various methodologies to ascertain estimate uncertainty and the required risk factor from the tender risk register.
- Presentation and explanation of estimate structures to Senior Management and key stakeholders, including clients.
- Lead Lessons Learnt and continuous improvement to the estimating database.
What you will need:
- Understands how to build estimate from first principles
- Understands the key factors involved with building a robust estimate, stakeholder engagement and how to define requirements at the outset
- Understands and can apply concepts such as risk, contingency and estimating uncertainty
- Capable of discussing requirements with, and seeking prices from suppliers. Can assemble price enquiries
- Capable of auditing estimates prepared by others and producing reports.
- Substantial estimating experience required, ideally of projects in the Nuclear sector or similar scale projects in comparable sectors such as Oil and Gas.
The role requires an estimating professional with experience in a highly regulated environment such as oil & gas, chemical , and power & nuclear industries
Preparing estimates at various project stages including concept design, FEED, scheme design, detailed design, supply equipment only, fabrication, installation commissioning and operations.
Working knowledge of the petrochemical, power and process markets
Demonstrable knowledge in the continuous improvement of estimating methodologies and the positives and negatives of differing approaches.
What`s in it for you:
- Competitive salary and company benefits or rates
- Excellent career opportunities within this major blue chip company