|Job Ref:||204657396||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Leighton Buzzard||Address:||Post Code:||LU7||Salary:||£29000 - £32000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:41|
Main Objective of the Role|
* To provide an engineering maintenance and breakdown service for the manufacturing equipment located in site one and two
Key Responsibility Areas
Other duties to include: -
* Implementation of engineering work instructions and training documentation as and when required.
* Continuous improvement of all related production equipment to drive OEE up and above specified targets and to reduce scrap to below specified targets.
* To ensure PPM is completed on time and all T-card systems are updated. Notification to be given to the Production Shift Manager when scheduled time lines are not met with reasons why.
* All spares used need to be logged on the T-card system and updated/re-ordered in suitable time.
* A high level of house keeping is required at all times, sufficient time should be allocated at the end of your shift to clean your working area and put all tools away in a professional manner.
* Investigation of reoccurring faults and follow up action is essential, the engineer has the responsibility to send equipment back to manufactures for analysis and repair.
* To log all major breakdowns per shift on the maintenance fault log.
* Ensure a high level of health and safety is adhered to at all time's leading by example.
* To communicate with department Shift Managers or deputies and prioritise work loads in times of multiple breakdowns.
PERSON SPECIFICATION, COMPETENCIES & ATTITUDES
Role: SHIFT ENGINEER
(minimum requirements to be able to perform the job effectively/successfully)
Education & Qualifications
* 4 year recognised engineering apprenticeship
* NVQ level 1, 2 & 3 in a related engineering principle
* ONC in mechanical or electrical engineering.
* HNC in mechatronics.
* Degree in an engineering principle
* Minimum of 5 years in a similar role.
* Technical awareness of manufacturing, including detailed understanding of moulding, tooling, robotics, assembly and PLC programming.
* Proven analytical and decision making skills.
* Computer literate.
* Experience of high volume injection moulding environment.
* Knowledge of Health & Safety and industry requirements.
* Experience of high volume assembly equipment.
Interpersonal & Behavioural Skills
* Strong communication skills, both verbally and written.
* Able to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
* Operate effectively under pressure
* Able to analyse faults and correct using a logical approach.
* Positive 'can do' attitude
* Helpful and considerate
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Self motivated