|Job Ref:||204656566||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Ledbury||Address:||Post Code:||HR8||Salary:||£28000 - £34000/annum + Bonus + Pension||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:42|
Design and Project Engineer (mechanical)|
£28,000 - £34,000 + Bonus + Pension
Design and Project Engineer required for specialist manufacturer expanding teams to enable further growth through the European markets.
The role will be applicable to Competent Project based design engineers from mechanical product or machinery development background. You will ideally have 2-3 years minimum commercial experience although outstanding graduates with work placement experience will be considered.
The role will be 40% - 50% based on 2D and 3D CAD systems with a large percentage of hands on prototype development and testing as well as liaison with all internal sales and manufacturing teams. You will play a fundamental role in trade shows and product review meetings.
The company specialise in the design and development of niche weather management systems for the agriculture building/structures sector. They have a market leading brand for specialist solutions for years and are looking at tailoring the cost and specification of their products to suit the climates and economies of the eastern European market, making this a very interesting and progressive challenge for the right individual.
The role in Brief:
* Research and analysis of identified issues.
* Creation of detailed specifications.
* Conceptual designs of components and products with the of 2D and 3D CAD packages.
* Design and testing of prototypes and preparation of costings.
* Working with purchasing to identify and source new suppliers.
* Detailed design for production.
* To ensure compliance with relevant directives and standards.
* Generation of installation instructions.
* Technical 'in field' support of new and existing products.
* Visiting distributors throughout Europe to gather feedback and provide training on new developments.
* Visiting trade shows to keep abreast of technology and competitor advances. * Project management of unique 'special' orders from design through to installation.
* Degree qualification in an applicable engineering discipline, preferably mechanical engineering.
* Minimum 2-3 years' experience with providing engineering and development support to an established product range.
* Previous experience of 2D and 3D CAD is essential, ideally Autodesk Inventor and Autocad.
* Proven ability to manage development projects through to successful conclusion.
* Intermediate to advanced use of Microsoft Office applications.
* Experience with writing and compiling technical documents is preferred.
* Experience with using MRP software in a manufacturing environment is desirable.
* Live within a commutable distance of Ledbury Herefordshire.
* Willing to travel to European locations on occasion as required