|Job Ref:||204655794||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Colchester||Address:||Post Code:||CO2||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:42|
Search Recruitment are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of an internationally known manufacturer of single board computer products for a range of industry standard architectures. Their products are designed, developed and manufactured in their facilities in the UK, India and the USA, and use leading-edge microprocessors and peripheral components. They sell our range of high-performance processor and other boards to customers around the world who are developing telecommunications, aerospace, defence and general industrial applications.|
An increasing workload and the need to reorganise the team means that the company requires a Senior Environmental Test Engineer to work on the development of, and coordinate the testing of, new and existing product designs.
The main focus of this role is the preparation of their products in representative test systems, planning and executing a range of tests, in-house and sometimes at external test houses, and documenting and reporting on the tests performed. Currently, the environmental tests comprise primarily shock & vibration, temperature and EMC compliance, but may include humidity, altitude (high and low pressure) and other tests. Some of the testing will require travel to other locations off site and possibly overnight stays. Some flexibility in working hours is also required, with occasional early starts, late finishes and some weekend working being necessary to fit around test equipment availability.
In addition to the testing activities, the successful candidate will immediately be responsible for another test engineer with the likelihood of adding further engineers to the team in the future.
The role typically but not exclusively involves the following:
• Preparation of representative test systems including determining a suitable chassis, back-plane, test fixtures and other connectivity to allow the products under test to operate continuously during the test cycles
• Use of functional test software, with the ability to modify test scripts and read log file results, will be expected. (This does not include the creation or modification of software programs.)
• Some problem diagnosis and problem solving resulting from the environmental tests would be expected
• Responsibility for ensuring that the environmental tests are performed according to the specification required
• Maintaining accurate and correct test records and test reports to a quality level acceptable for potential customer distribution
Candidates should be qualified to degree, HND or HNC standard, be able to demonstrate practical postgraduate experience of some functional or environmental testing of computer-based equipment, and are expected to be familiar with some or all of the following:
• Building, configuring and testing computer systems from piece parts (e.g. motherboard, data storage, cooling, power supply)
• Installing and configuring Windows and Linux operating systems and drivers
• Creating and amending software scripts
• Understanding and meeting the requirements of military and commercial test specifications for environmental testing
• Diagnosing and finding practical resolutions to technical problems, including an understanding of basic mechanics
• Experience of team or project leadership
You will be part of a small team with a high level of responsibility for your own work and that of the other test engineer(s), so you will need to have the ability to work to demanding timescales, while maintaining a high level of enthusiasm and commitment to the projects. You will also need to be methodical, well disciplined, have attention to detail and show good inter-personal skills.
Extremely competitive salary package. Company supported private pension scheme. Non-contributory private health insurance scheme