|Job Ref:||204655703||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Staffordshire||City:||Stafford||Address:||Post Code:||ST17||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:42|
Our client is looking for expand their team with an experienced AutoCAD Plant 3D Operator. Ideally they are looking for local labour however will most definitely consider candidates from further afield. Salary/daily all-in rate will be discussed and agreed depending on experience. |
Main Purpose of the role:
To ensure the timely and accurate delivery of AutoCAD Plant 3D models and related advice where requested, using 'best practice' and the expected level of teamwork and professionalism. You will be responsible for engineering design solutions using AutoCAD Plant 3D, converting 2D drawings and shrink wrapping models into the former.
• To update 3D CAD models and associated drawings
• To integrate parts, assemblies and proprietary items into accurate 3D AutoCAD Plant 3D models, perform clash detection and prepare production / fabrication drawings from these
• To convert AutoCAD 2D drawings and shrink wrap Inventor models into AutoCAD Plant 3D models
• To manipulate, modify and produce production drawings for bespoke plant, machinery and equipment, predominantly for the EfW industry, using AutoCAD Plant 3D and 2D drafting, involving some component sourcing
• To instigate and co-ordinate Value Engineering from the 3D modelling perspective
• To liaise with other disciplines, as required, to achieve the design intent
• To attend and contribute to regular internal and client 3D model review meetings and follow up actions, as required
• To monitor, be aware of and track key changes that will affect the 3D model and implement accordingly
- be able to work to timescales and meet deadlines.
- have excellent attention to details
- work well as part of a team
- have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- MEng, BEng or HND Qualifications in Design / Engineering would be advantageous.
Knowledge and experience:
- Five years' modelling experience in AutoCAD Plant 3D is a prerequisite - this may have been as a Mechanical Design Engineer
- Good familiarity and understanding of relevant British or European Standards