|Job Ref:||204654660||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Llanelli||Address:||Post Code:||SA15||Salary:||£23989 - £25714/annum 10-30% shift allowance||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:43|
Acorn is currently recruiting on behalf of a leading Steel products manufacturer in South Wales for an Electrical Crafts Person to join their Engineering team. |
You will perform preventative maintenance and inspection work and provide expertise and resource to identify and rectify faults in complex systems to ensure manufacturing continuity. The Electrical Craft Team Member position exists to provide specialist electrical engineering support as required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all activity is undertaken within Health, Safety and Environmental requirements and in compliance with company and legislative requirements. The jobholder will work as part of a team to ensure manufacturing performance on an ongoing basis and to support manufacturing development plans, identifying opportunities for improvement.
• Provide engineering expertise and advise in order to diagnose and correct complex faults in the manufacturing process equipment.
• Ensure that Electrical maintenance work undertaken is completed to time and to appropriate safety and Engineering standards.
• Develop expertise and keep up-to-date in maintenance techniques and equipment development applicable to a heavy manufacturing environment by self-study and attendance on appropriate courses.
• Provide comprehensive reports on breakdowns, repairs and related engineering activities where appropriate recommending improvements to equipment or systems.
• Undertake training as required for new specialists, other engineering grades, and manufacturing teams.
• Supervise Tata or contract personnel and where necessary issue certificates of isolation as part of the safe system of work.
• Where necessary to provide cover for shift specialists.
• Qualified to at least HNC level in Electrical Craft which will have normally been obtained through a craft apprenticeship in Electrical / Process Control Engineering or hold a Modern Apprenticeship certificate.
• 17th Edition Wiring Regs Cert
• Relevant plant experience in Electrical / Process Control Systems and be capable of supervising personnel in the safe execution of engineering repair work