|Job Ref:||204654399||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£20000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:43|
We are looking to recruit a development technician / mechanical fitter for a permanent position at our site. You will work under instruction from the senior engineer within the engineering team to support the design and development of new technology products from initial concept phases to full product development. You will take responsibility for making parts and assemblies for key product sub-systems, managing delivery deadlines and interfacing with other team members to create final products technical packs. Be able to work with detailed CAD models and engineering drawings and highlight any issues arising from the manufacture of early stage parts.|
Key Duties & Responsibilities
* Manage relationships with suppliers to ensure the delivery of parts required for the delivery of on time completion of prototypes and rigs.
* Take responsibility for the safe construction and commissioning of rigs and prototypes based on the teams designs allowing validation of new concepts.
* Document findings as required.
* Participate in the physical testing and validation of rigs and machines alongside members of the science team to expand the knowledge of the team and help move designs forward.
* Travel to customer and manufacturing partner sites to participate in the development and evolution of our products.
Background Experience and Qualifications
* Experience working on build and testing of engineering electro-mechanical products.
* Degree level or equivalent qualified in a design or engineering discipline.
* Skilled in practical engineering problem solving.
* Strong knowledge of engineering drawings and ability to work with 3D CAD models.
* Good working knowledge of engineering practice and process for use in the workshop (and elsewhere) to ensure optimum rig/equipment/product quality.
* Must be comfortable working with electro-mechanical products.
* A good working knowledge of fluids/ pumps /motors is desirable but not essential.
* Ability to weld preferred.
* Capable of working in a team at a prototype level and moving designs through to manufacture.
* Specific knowledge in electrical wiring preferred but not essential eg IET 17th Edition qualified
To apply for the Development Technician / Mechanical Fitter vacancy please email your updated CV to Amo Rai (Automation Recruitment Specialist at Jonathan Lee Recruitment) at Shortlisting for this vacancy will commence from Monday 10th October 2016.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency