|Job Ref:||204653788||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Essex||Address:||Post Code:||SS14||Salary:||£60000 - £80000/annum + Excellent Package||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:43|
Bulk handling solutions company based in Romford, Essex requires Group Technical / Engineering Manager to take responsbility for the technical and engineering functions of the companys' business units and operations worldwide. As part of the senior management team, the Group Technical / Engineering Manager will also contribute strategically, developing customer relationships in order to develop and grow the business in the future.|
Based from the Headquarters in Romford, Essex, the role will require some overseas travel to Africa, South America, Phillipines etc.
The company manages materials bulk handling solutions such as Coal Terminals, Ship to Shore Cranes, Mobile Bagging systems etc in a number of port terminal locations around the world. Their teams and equipment travel from location to location. They have worked in 151 locations in 75 countries. At any one time day or night they have a number of teams working in ports somewhere in the world discharging vessels or handling cargoes. This year they expect to handle 3 million tons of bulk cargo for their clients.
Skills and Qualifications:
Chartered Engineer, Mechanical or similar engineering degree (or equivalent) 2:1 or better
Senior Management / Director level experience gained from a similar working environment
Good Working knowledge of Autocad, creating, reading and understanding engineering drawings
Knowledge and experience of handling bulk commodities is an advantage
Knowledge and experience of cranes, and similar is an advantage
Knowledge and experience in shipping industry is an advantage
Strong project and people management experience
Proven leadership skills, cultural sensitivity ability to work and interact internationally
Main Responsibilities for Group Technical / Engineering Manager:
* To lead the head office based, 5-person technical team. The technical team's major role is to support the technical and engineering functions in business units and operations worldwide.
* To contribute personally to product design & development and to major cross-functional projects as a member of a project team
* As head of function the Group Technical Engineering Manager is a member of the Senior Management Team, alongside the heads of the Finance, Commercial & Operations functions.
* To support the Operations Director.
* Overall management and oversight of the technical and engineering activities of the Group.
* To deliver engineering/technical support to Nectar's business units and operations worldwide.
* Provide guidance and expertise in relation to technical design and development of equipment and/or facilities.
* Contribute to developing new business for the Equipment Maintenance business stream - in coordination with the stream leader.
* Provide technical support to the teams running Equipment Maintenance contracts.
* Liaison and negotiation with third party manufacturers and suppliers.
* Be the senior technical client liaison representative when required.
* Responsible for ensuring regular technical audits are carried out in line with Group standards or stipulated in client contracts. Ensure appropriate action is taken to improve and align areas where practice deviates from the required.
* Support the Consultancy business stream leader in developing and delivering consultancy projects.
* Set and monitor technical budgets.
* As a member of the Senior Management Team: participate in and contribute to the development of business strategy and the management and direction of the business.
This position attracts a excellent salary + package, great travel opportunity and the chance to become a pivotal member of the senior management team, developing new projects throughout the organisation