|Job Ref:||204653502||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Yeovil||Address:||Post Code:||BA20||Salary:||£14.65 - £15/hour plud dependent on experience||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:43|
Skilled Mechanical Fitters / Testers |
Excellent rates of pay
Contract temporary roles
We are currently recruiting for Mechanical Fitters / Testers to work on site at our offices in Yeovil.
About the client
A leading provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military space and airport operations.
The Aerospace Yeovil site includes Integrated Supply Chain operations and Engineering & Technology as well as other support functions. It specialises in several product lines including: environmental control systems, life support systems, hydraulics systems, and control and data systems.
About the position
The position of the skilled Mechanical Fitter/Tester operative holds the following responsibilities:-
• Producing product to engineering drawings and instructions
• Mechanical fitting of Life Support Systems
• OCQ - Operator Control of Quality
• To achieve on time delivery by ensuring work is completed on time and to the required standard
• Interpreting engineering drawings, following the process layout and documentation procedures
Qualifications and experience required:
• Engineering Apprenticeship (Desirable but not Essential)
• Knowledge of mechanical fitting applications
• Knowledge of pressure testing
• High standard of Health & Safety
• Adhering to Company Processes & Procedures
• Working in a Customer-focused environment and achieving targets
• Working with Designers and Engineers
Attributes / skills required:
• The position requires the applicant to have an understanding of Aerospace practice and the significance of the safety critical work undertaken (Manufacturing experience also considered)
• PC literate
• Ability to read and follow instructions
• The applicant should be able to display essential skills in the adherence to Health & Safety standards at all times, teamwork, flexibility and the ability to use initiative
• Continuous Improvement
• Any further training requirements will be provided:- PC skills (PDM & SAP), Manual Handling, Abrasive Wheels, 5 Ss, Lean (KanBans, Line Side Stock, etc.) and general Health & Safety
This position is subject to meeting the eligibility conditions of export control licenses and technical assistant agreements.
£14.50 per hour plus dependent on experience
6 Months plus