|Job Ref:||204659165||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||York||Address:||Post Code:||YO1||Salary:||£55000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:43|
A market leading, top 8 consultancy with a reputation for delivering on major flagship projects across a range of sectors are seeking to employ a Permanent Way Design Team Leader on a permanent basis in York. |
You will be joining a small but developing team of talented engineers and have access to some of the biggest rail projects currently being undertaken in the UK.
You will be overseeing and leading all technical aspects of track design work undertaken by the design team and you will also take on the following responsibilites:
* Review the work of other team members.
* Undertake Permanent Way design on projects, including liaising with client D+B sub-contractors to ensure that the permanent way is fully integrated into the overall scheme.
* Carry out formal inter-disciplinary design reviews with other design teams.
* Undertake, review and ensure full compatibility of design work with appropriate standards also carry out liaison with other team members working on various elements of design projects.
* Develop and deliver cost effective solutions to meet the client brief.
* Mentoring and development of the track team members in York.
* Support to ongoing development of the PWAY Team.
* Experience gained with a consultant, contractor or infrastructure controller.
* Experience of team management.
* Good technical and practical understanding of CAD packages used in the production of permanent way design.
* Proficient in the use of railway design software such as Inrail, MxRail, Clear Route, Hallade, AutoCAD and Microstation.
* Familiar with GEOGIS, TrackMaster and other track analysis tools, and a working knowledge of Network Rail Standards.
In return you will receive:
£55,000 - £60,000 per annum + package
To apply is easy, call Joe Long at Resourcing Solutions on: (Apply online only), email a copy of your CV to: or simply apply online