|Job Ref:||204659028||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:43|
Our client is a world leader in advanced exhaust energy recovery technologies for reciprocating engines, which are the dominant plant for power generation in remote areas, for renewable fuels and for biomass energy applications. We are working with leading engine manufacturers and genset integrators to improve engine efficiency; increasing power output, improve fuel efficiency and reduce emissions.|
£35-40k + Benefits such as Company Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Health Insurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, 27 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
This is a full-time position working 37 hours per week (Monday - Thursday, 8:30am - 5pm and Friday, 8:30am - 1:30pm).
They have also been recognised as one of the fastest growing small technology companies in the UK & due to continued demand are now seeking to recruit a Mechanical Designer to join the Mechanical Engineering team.
* Delivery of assigned system or sub-system level projects through the development of mechanical design solutions from rough sketches and oral instructions to fully detailed designs.
* Working up module or system concepts to meet product requirements.
* Mechanical design of high speed rotating machines (ideally including rotordynamics, composites and electrical machines)
* Performing mechanical engineering analysis (stress, fluids, vibrations, thermal)
* Utilize FEA (Ansys) tools to analyse designs and potential improvements.
* Performs tolerance analysis at system and sub-system level.
* First degree in mechanical, automotive, aerospace or power engineering (or equivalent)
* Experience in designing high speed rotating machines
* Proficient in FEA tools such as Ansys
* Ability to communicate analytical results to all levels of the engineering organisation
* Creative and methodical problem solving skills
* Ability to decide on the appropriate level of reliance and accuracy to attach to a variety of results obtained
Please note the requirements for the positions and only send the candidates who meet the criteria in the job specification. Candidates without a degree and experience in high speed rotating machines will not be considered.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions