|Job Ref:||204658992||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||South West||Address:||Salary:||£25 - £29/hour||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:43|
My client is the UK's leading supplier of service to the nuclear industry at home and abroad. From plant design and construction through site operations, maintenance and decommissioning, my client brings a proven and safe track record to the delivery of low-carbon energy from nuclear power.
This position would suit an electrically experienced, motivated individual capable of working both as a team and autominously. The role will involve working with a team of engineers and technicians in the completion of cradle to grave installations and modifications to plant and systems.
As Site Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Site surveying and scope identification.
- Working to drawings, instructions, methods statements and risk assessments.
- Modifying electrical control panels
- Installation of uni-strut, cable tray and trunking
- Electrical (typically 110V/415V) and instrumentation installations (4-20mA Analogue)
- Relay Logic Control Systems
- Fault finding and rectification
- Instrumentation configuration and setup (e.g. dataloggers)
- Supporting the commissioning of new electrical and instrumentation installations.
- Maintaining safety in all works undertaken in line with regulatory and company compliance policies.
- Secondary roles within the team as required by the Engineer in Charge
- Identifying issues/improvements/recommendations to plant and equipment for consideration by engineers
- Working at height, in confined spaces and within radiological controlled areas.
- Basic IT skills required (e.g. Word, Excell, Outlook)
- Flexibility with working hours will be required on occaision, often at short notice, to fit in with the process nature of projects. This may include extended hours, weekend working or night shift working in line with the working time regulations.
Candidates for the position of Site Engineer should have the following experience and qualifications:
- Recognised Training Scheme or Apprenticeship
- Successful completion of current IEE Regulations Training
- Ability to understand and work from electrical schematical drawings
- Previous experience of electrical installation work within an industrial environment essential
- Site Installation/Maintenance experience (preffered) in Nuclear/Power Generation
- Safety Critical Environment
- Hold CTC clearance or above
This is a contract position with an initial duration of 6 months with the possibility of an extension.
To apply please send a copy of your up to date cv or call (Apply online only) for more information