|Job Ref:||204658949||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Alfreton||Address:||Post Code:||DE55||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum Plus car and excellent benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:43|
Position: Electrical Estimator/Proposals Engineer - Water|
Salary Guide: £45,000 - £55,000 plus Car and excellent benefits
Our client is a principal contractor with more than 70 years experience designing and constructing effective, sustainable and cost efficient water and wastewater treatment facilities. They currently have a vacancy for an Electrical Estimator/Electrical Proposals Engineer to be based at their head office in Derbyshire.
Summary of Role:
* To develop the client specification and drawings (if required) so that they can be priced accurately by proposed sub contractors.
* To manage the timely and accurate pricing of Tenders.
* To supervise the production of Tender drawings (if required) for submission.
* To organise submission of Tenders (including technical and Commercial aspects)
* To respond to clients MEICA post Tender requirements.
* Develop the clients' specifications and drawings in sufficient detail to enable the Sub-Contractors to price their package of work accurately.
* Undertake pre-tender design layouts for water and sewage treatment works, including P&ID's.
* Appraisal of process designs solutions.
* Obtain accurate prices and quotations for all aspects of a tender relating to the MEICA element including subcontracts, materials and labour.
* Technically and commercially assess quotations.
* Produce an accurate estimate for MEICA related work for a Tender.
* Advise the Proposals Manager of any additional resources that may be necessary to complete the Tender.
* Preparation of Tender programme for MEICA equipment and MEICA activities.
* To document any areas of potential risk identified in the tender.
* Liaise with other interested parties (including process, civil engineering and commercial specialists).
* Attendance to site visits if required.
* Attendance to settlement meetings to discuss and explain, MEICA estimate.
* Preparation of tender submission (including technical and commercial aspects)
* Attend post-tender MEICA/commercial meetings with client.
* Adherence to the Company Q.A. system.
* Preparation of hand-over documentation after award of contract.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
* Preferably Degree qualified in Electrical engineering discipline.
* Chartered Engineer preferred
* Experience within the Water Industry.
* Contractually aware - NEC conditions essential
* CSCS Card
* Working knowledge of Microsoft office software
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
Keywords: Tendering, Proposals, Estimator, Estimating, Design, Project Engineer, Water, Sewage, Sludge, Wastewater, Conditions of Contract, NEC, Electrical