|Job Ref:||204658599||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Shipley||Address:||Post Code:||DE75||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum Salary negotiable on experience||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:43|
KH Resourcing are recruiting for an experienced civil engineer ideally experienced in fluvial design and flood risk management based in Bradford or Warrington. Suitable candidates will be a technical lead principally in fluvial engineering with an interest in developing new business.|
• Reporting to the Principal Engineer you will assist with the preparation of tenders and assist project delivery of engineering and environmental improvement projects including flood risk assessments
• Appreciation of hydrology, hydraulic modelling, hydraulic design and other aspects related to river and coastal flood risk management.
• Current design standards, scheme appraisal guidance, Strategic Flood Risk Assessments and National Planning Policy Framework is also required.
• Communicate effectively with the Environment Agency, local government and other risk management authorities, with excellent report writing skills.
• Asset inspection and site supervision
Qualifications and Experience
• Applicants should be a chartered engineer or close to becoming chartered and have a proven track record in project delivery.
• UK experience in a relevant position and developing expertise with respect to the following skills:
• General civil and fluvial engineering
• Options appraisal and cost benefit analysis
• Strategic & flood risk assessments
• Flood risk management
• Design documentation & procurement processes
• Specification and contract management including CDM
• Environmental appraisal and management
• Project Management & Site supervision
• Environmental management & quality assurance
• Business development