|Job Ref:||204658550||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Milton Keynes||Address:||Post Code:||MK9||Salary:||£30.00 - £60.00/hour||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:43|
Komplete Group are working alongside a large Operator who are looking to recruit a skilled Structural Engineer on a contractual basis. This role offers an attractive salary, and is immediately available for the right candidate.|
To ensure that the mechanical and structural engineering aspects of rolling stock projects are successfully specified, validated and delivered and comply with Railway Group Standards.
• Visit potential customers' sites to view damaged railway vehicles and assess scopes of work for Incident Repair Department within the UK & Ireland
• Assist Project Manager in the preparation of cost and timescale plans for any re-engineering project.
• Generate work instructions and repair procedures for the workshop and VAB authority to document repairs to railway vehicles.
• Ensure the risk associated with the mechanical and structural changes and repairs to rolling stock are understood, documented and managed.
• Ensure design changes and repairs comply with appropriate Railway Group Standards.
• Produce reports to justify the use of reverse engineering techniques to support obsolete materials or methods of production for replacement components.
• Manage the resolution of emerging technical issues arising out of the application of the changes.
• Control the Welding Engineering resource.
• On project completion ensure that the Structural & Welding element of the "vehicle history books" is accurate, signed and that the content reflects the work undertaken, prior to customer handover.
• Be prepared to support the General Manager and Project Manager during customer site visits and meetings.
• To communicate at all levels within the organisation whilst ensuring that communications are clearly understood and are being executed correctly within the workshop.
• Police on a daily basis any re-engineering project in WIP within the workshop.
Komplete Recruitment boasts over 40 years of engineering recruitment expertise and operates within a variety of industries including Rail, Construction, Civil Engineering, Built Environment, Automotive and General Engineering